Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

AVFC in Spain posted:

According to icBrum. the following is a part of a B6 statement about the takeover.

"Ellis is understood to want cast iron assurances that there will be a sizeable kitty available for signing new players before he relinquishes control of the Premiership club to the Irish property developers"

From anyone other than Ellis, this might be understandable, but for this old hypocrite to use it as a reason for delaying the takeover is almost beyond belief. Will the club have anymore funds if Ellis stays in charge? We can all see from the current situation, it will be a resounding NO.

The club's statement would also seem to indicate that the £64m is not the main stumbling block, but about additional funds for running cots and a transfer kitty. This seems to point to a disquieting feel about the club's finances.

I have to return to an old theme of mine, he will not let go willingly except in the often mentioned box.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why Doug wants all these transfer funds for us? Obviously its right and what we need but he would never do it himself!!

Just another reason to hold it up and what happen if they dont have these funds then the take over is finished!

However, i also think why we spend nothin at mo not even on a bus if because of the potential take over.

That's not to say i want it of course Ian, this season is just a warning sign. i am worried at the moment as it's the fact we just don't want to spend anything at the moment. If the Takeover dosen't happen quickly during the summer, i assume herbert will adopt the same stance and we will be struggling as we lose key players like Delaney and Milner.

Question:

I dont understand why Doug wants all these transfer funds for us

Answer:

Just another reason to hold it up

..... and I am not sure Soccer that the club is being run by Ellis but being run by others in his name.

Supposition. People used to blame ansell for all the ills, but when he departed it showed it was still the old mans steady old hand at the rudder. Nothing in the behaviour of the company in the last few months would point to this not still being the case.

Cuddly is still recuperating, but probably feeling more and more comfortable in his office by the day.

Gringo, I did not state that I had heard anything but I just have some reason to think he is not in control, whether Stride is doing teh work or ANO I don't know and I know you like firm evidence but in the event of total silence, what else do I have to go on ?

Gringo, I did not state that I had heard anything but I just have some reason to think he is not in control, whether Stride is doing teh work or ANO I don't know and I know you like firm evidence but in the event of total silence, what else do I have to go on ?

But based on total silence you are drawing conclusions?

And what is total silence. What was cuddly saying this time last year or two years ago. The fact that there is no change in behaviour indicates no change in leadership.

You say you have some to reason to think as you do. Please expand.

I think we have discussed this before so in a 100+ thread I don't want ot repeat myself but the change of behaviour is good evidence for me and in the absence of the paying customer being informed all any of us can is to speculate.

But there has been no change in behaviour!

What is different now to any other mid season in the last few years??

Michael Neville is still hopeful he can lead a takeover of Aston Villa, despite the £64m bid having hit a stumbling block over transfer funds.

Villa chairman Doug Ellis wants assurances the bid, made with property developers Luke and Brian Comer, will provide funding for new players.

Neville said: "Things are going on and I am optimistic about it but it could take a while.

"We have a plan to generate cash but it is taking a bit of time."

Neville, a lifelong fan, has been in negotiations with Ellis since September and has said he aims to take the former European Cup winners into the Champions League in three years.

And he said he is prepared to be patient to ensure a deal can be thrashed out as he continues negotiations with financial group Rothschild, which is representing the club.

He said: "I know the process involved and it is not a five-minute thing.

"Although I am not privy to everything at the club, I do not believe there is any other interest.

"It will take a bit of time but we are working on it at the moment and remain optimistic. We would still love to take the club over."

Ellis has been chairman at Villa Park since 1982 and currently owns a 39% share in the club, with access to another 12%.

The bid will buy his shares and those of the other main shareholder, former Watford chairman Jack Petchey.

Ellis has been chairman at Villa Park since 1982 and currently owns a 39% share in the club, with access to another 12%.

The bid will buy his shares and those of the other main shareholder, former Watford chairman Jack Petchey.

Understand the Petchey thing but another 12 % ???

he has 33% access to 5% through his family but the other ??

My impression was he owns 33% and has access to a further 5%

Anyone any idea what this 12% represents? Does he hold a proxy for 12%, or is that the amount that usually votes with him at AGM's?

Cheers Richard.

Well is our possible future chairman another Doug and talkes shit or is he actually hopeful?

To be honist i think he is hopeful but its obvious it will take time, good to know they are trying to secure funds for players. Wonder what Doug will want after that to hold it up. :roll:

Doug Ellis=Fool!

And this bit....

That seems a bizarre sentence at the end! Does he only intend to purchase 60% of the shares then? So as he couldnt raise £64m, he's trying to raise £40m and just buy out the big boys. He would be forced to make the same offer to all the other shareholders, so must assume we won't accept his offer, or he will be asking us not to accept the offer so that he can use the rest of his funds(?) for player purchases? If this was done through issuing new equity then that would be great, if was done through a private loan, less so.

My impression was he owns 33% and has access to a further 5%

Anyone any idea what this 12% represents? Does he hold a proxy for 12%, or is that the amount that usually votes with him at AGM's?

he usually only gets about 4% of votes (apart from his and Petchey's) at AGM's so I doubt he owns a proxy vote, but 10% of shares are reckoned to missing and if they can't vote against you ....