Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

The accounts really paint a damning picture of Ellis' running of the club. Before it was amortisation, apparantly that was done and dusted, unless we are still paying Alpay's and Balaban's salaries. Gates are down, TV revenue isn't yet but it will next season, We don't have any 'star' players who we can sell for big money. Even Davis would fetch 3 million max.

The whole club needs a complete makeover, major plastic surgery etc etc.

And FWIW I don't think a single member of the current board, including Stride who was around before Ellis, should stay. Ellis' position should be an honorary one at best which means all he gets is the nice directors seat at VP and thats it.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellis wants too much even before the accounts were published now what he has refused twice would seem ludicros.

The Comers have engineered the situation so that their bid now looks viable to their bankers to resource.

In answer to Ian, there are plenty of rich Villa fans out there, trouble is none want to buy the club, but if the club was in trouble, I'm sure they'd come forward.

Also, if the right package was proposed I'm sure some would invest in it trouble is no one has offered the right package, well one person did and lost his job soon after

Problem for us is that if the squad situation doesn't change for next season, we could well get relegated.

The figures show we have very little money to spend on players and it has been made clear even selling players won't generate the cash required, as it will probably go to pay off the over draft.

We will be odds on to get relegated next season I reckon if things don't change drastically.

Guest RantinRob
this thread was supposed to be about bickering and talking crap, now it's about accounts... i thought there was another thread for serious conversation?! ;) love you all. almost all.

careful son, I don't want any kid of mine being accused of poovery :winkold:

this thread was supposed to be about bickering and talking crap, now it's about accounts... i thought there was another thread for serious conversation?! ;) love you all. almost all.

careful son, I don't want any kid of mine being accused of poovery :winkold:

dad, what the hello is poovery?! gayness? i told you i was taking the thread down.. it almost happened when that upstart got stuck into me. pity, there was more action than the real takeover...

I suspect that the Mercury will again run an update that basically will add nothing more than to keep the story running. I hope I'm proven to be wrong but its now gone past a joke because I think it is having an effect on the club.

I suspect that the Mercury will again run an update that basically will add nothing more than to keep the story running. I hope I'm proven to be wrong but its now gone past a joke because I think it is having an effect on the club.

yep I would think so Ian but the effect on the club is it any worse than if there was no bid ???

the question we have not bveen told is the real state of Ellis's health and he has not been interviewed has he ???