Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

I didn't live to see it, since I was born in 1985, but it is highly recognized that our win in the Champions League was due to poor opposition early on, luck and underachieving from the others, rather than us being the best. A great win, deserved non the less, but we were hardly the best.... like Liverpool and Greece, one can win, but it isn't neccessarily deserved.

But **** it, that was ages ago. Like I have said elsewhere, Rome and Great Britain once were emperors in the world. Things change

Villa have never competed in the "Champions" League. We did the business. End of.

:roll:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't live to see it, since I was born in 1985, but it is highly recognized that our win in the Champions League was due to poor opposition early on,

Highly recognised by who exactly?

Take it from someone who was there. We were awesome for three seasons. We were champions of Europe. That is officially the best club side in europe.

Villa fans in playing down the history of the club shock. Or should I say you call yourself fans. Disgracfeul

Onto the takeover.

The month was up

The 48 hours is now up

What next?

Graham Hill writes in "The Sunday Mercury" that the bid is expected to reach a conclusion this week - one way or the other. He refers to the Comer Bros. as having been believed to have held top-level meetings over the past few days to discuss the finer points of the deal. He refers to fears that this could go the same way as the Ranson bid but claims the Neville led group remain confident. He refers to sources close to the takeover having been quick to pick holes in a number of stories stating that the Comers had abandoned their interest.

Graham Hill then points to something that I think is new, "Reports that Villa have had to fork out £150,000, just to make sure financial deadlines were met, have been denied with the figure more like £1,000 - a small amount considering the sums that have been discussed". So, does our CEO want the £1,000 paid by the Comers rather than by the sellers? Would he let small things like this get in the way of a deal that would make millions for him? Of course he would. :roll:

Graham Hill then points to something that I think is new, "Reports that Villa have had to fork out £150,000, just to make sure financial deadlines were met, have been denied with the figure more like £1,000 - a small amount considering the sums that have been discussed". So, does our CEO want the £1,000 paid by the Comers rather than by the sellers? Would he let small things like this get in the way of a deal that would make millions for him? Of course he would.

I don't understand.

To be fair, they only said that the next 48 hours would be crucial to the takeover. Nobody said they'd make an announcement in 48 hours.

Something big - one way or the other - may have happened in those 48 hours.

We'll find out tomorrow when the stock exchange opens I presume.

I didn't live to see it, since I was born in 1985, but it is highly recognized that our win in the Champions League was due to poor opposition early on, luck and underachieving from the others, rather than us being the best. A great win, deserved non the less, but we were hardly the best.... ]

You weren't there. Fair enough I'll forgive you this denigration of our finest hour. I was there, and we were a bloody good team. Rummenige, Breitner, Hoeness. That Bayern team would have destroyed Liverpool.

To be fair, they only said that the next 48 hours would be crucial to the takeover. Nobody said they'd make an announcement in 48 hours.

Something big - one way or the other - may have happened in those 48 hours

I wonder if Sven had contacted Beckham and asked our chairman to hurry out of the club as he had things to do during those 48 hours Gilzmo? :lol: