Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian - if they set up AVIL then you would have to assume that Ellis has played ball.

If, having set up that vehicle to buy the club, Ellis started messing around then I am sure they will have said something. As I understand it they have missed deadlines set by Ellis, not the other way around.

Like I say - the truth will come out in the end, at the moment I am not sure who you can point a finger at.

Although history would tell you Ellis I guess

Ellis doesn't want to sell, but he is being forced to sell because of health reasons.

He is like a child that is told he has to give up his favourite toy and he is clinging on for dear life.

rocket polisher.

exactly Ali, he will sell but we have to be patient and after the Xmas games it is clear we won't get relegated so there is now no rush for the extra investment in the club.

He will wait now but he will sell, he has indicated as much.

exactly Ali, he will sell but we have to be patient and after the Xmas games it is clear we won't get relegated so there is now no rush for the extra investment in the club.

He will wait now but he will sell, he has indicated as much.

Ian,

You reckon Ellis is telling the truth for once!!! :roll:

I must admit, the longer this saga goes on, the less convinced i am that the comers have villa's best interests at heart. I believe they have placed neville at the forefront of the consortium to allow the deal to go through without fan opposition. Once they had control of the club i imagine they thought they could build on the land to make a profit, marginally improve the clubs performance. Then wait for the share price to increase and sell to the highest bidder.

My sentiments exactly Alex. The longer this drags on, the more uneasy I feel about it. Not all change is necessarily for the better and we've waited this long so why jump until it's certain that we wont be leaving the frying pan for the fire.

im 100% convinced it wont go ahead...

ellis will use the "assett strippers" or the "not the right people" or the "not shown enough money" bollocks as an excuse for him **** the deal up...

at the end of the day, even if they arent the right people, for one of the reasons above, HE **** chose to deal with them over the people involved...

if they pull out after due dilligence, then thats a good indication that things arent very rosy with our money, and thats ellis's fault.. as thats seen by some as his main redemption from being totally **** useless (30+ million losses in 3 years argues against his business acumen, but hey ho...), if this is the case, then the apologists will have **** all leg to stand on when it comes to defending the old clearing in the woods...

so whatever happens with this deal, its ellis's fault if it goes tits up...

now where is that **** box....

your right PP, the club is in trouble a coupel of wins at xmas may hide the problem but we want to be challenging for top 6 regaulry and that is his singular failure.

The fact before the Arse game all Ellis could claim for his lagcy is 'stability' (and that is very debatable) just about summed up the word removed.

Ian,

Why should Ellis change the habits of a life time at B6?

He's not said he's going.

He's not said he's selling, only might if the right offer is made, whatever the right offer is for Ellis.

He has publically said he supports the salary cap proposed by Caborn, that's in the future and why if he's sold Villa, should he care?

If the stock market hasnt closed dealing with Aston Villa shares down then there´s no buy out close...

The exchange will not suspend a share because a buyout is about to take place, they suspend shares either because of irregularities in trading or at the request of the company.

eg, manu shares carried on trading up until the moment the Glazer's unlisted the stock, way past the time they had reached the 75% required to achieve delisting.

I must admit, the longer this saga goes on, the less convinced i am that the comers have villa's best interests at heart.

As if Ellis had Villa's best interests at heart.

Why change someone who wants to create publicity for himself whilst milking a cow for someone what wants to make lots of money from building a ranch? Why not?

But this is all spin by ellis, no quotes and by a favourable journo .....

Agree totally, this has cuddlys fingerprints all over it..

"Ellis ... is keen to sell"......"and the Comers, who have made their millions out of property development, are investigating more thoroughly the land on offer as part of the deal"......"Brian and Luke Comer are not football fans and, although they have pledged to invest in the club, their primary interest is in the profits to be made from Villa's land assets"

Cuddly just just wants to sell, but these shady crooks can't be trusted.

There has been a distinct lack of quotes from the Comers too.

Sorry if I've missed it, but I don't think I've seen anything at all from the comer brothers themselves, are any direct quotes regarding the 20% of profits per annum malarkey.

Ellis has never had any intention of selling, it's all been part of his smokescreen to keep fans off his back since the AGM.

He's a cunning coniving old man, who by the look of it, has probably outsmarted the Comers. I can't believe they didn't have the intention to buy Villa, but whether they can raise the money or not is probably irrelevent at the end of the day, and if they can't raise the readies, it's just the excuse Ellis would like to say, "I tried but they hadn't the money" and we will be back in lah lah land again. Of course, due diligence may have uncovered some of Uncle Doug's practices to balance the books he's so proud of, and the Comers don't think £64m is value for money.

Bring on the box Ellis keeps talking about, it looks like the only way things will change!!

Can't argue with any of that really! Big sigh time :cry:

was I blind but wasn't a stock market released about AVIl ?

But AVIL was set up on the 1st November, it costs c£100 and so falls within small change as part of a multi million £ takeover.

I'd speculate the problem Villa have is that Ellis is back in decent health and having rid the club of any dissentor he is the man calling the tune over any takeover.

The Villa generated a portfolio presentaion to present to prospective purchasers whihc was passed around over 12 month ago.

What has happened since is that several potential investors have 'tested' the portfolio and found it wanting (read a load of unsubstantiated lies)

Several such have told the club they will invest and buy various volumes of shares but although some past board members have accepted in principle those who own the major shareholding have for their own reasons declined to negotiate beyond the original portfolio

I'm guessing the Cromers initially bid based on the portfolio, found it wanting fairly quickly and limited their offer.

Someone within their group then found the extra funding from elsewhere, but found even with their Ellis orientated offer that the chairman again found objections to the offer to suit his own purposes, whatever they are.

It is possible that if someone did offer the full portfolio requirement Ellis would have to agree, although again some would suggest he'd find a way out of even that.

He has no intention of selling in my opinion, even if the ridiculous portfolio price is met, whether those that can force him to regardless will I personally doubt.

!00% for their effort and persistence in my opinion they have certainly lasted much longer than most and still I believe wish to takeover.

Malc, interesting reading of it, but if Ellis wanted NOT to sell, why all the pretence, why not simply say he WILL NOT sell, why not just reject any advances.

Maybe he was 'forced' to put the club up for sale, but everytime I have seen him on TV or heard reports of him he looks and sounds very unwelll. Do you believe Ellis with his track record would simply dismiss the offers straight away ?

Malc, interesting reading of it, but if Ellis wanted NOT to sell, why all the pretence, why not simply say he WILL NOT sell, why not just reject any advances.

Maybe he was 'forced' to put the club up for sale, but everytime I have seen him on TV or heard reports of him he looks and sounds very unwelll. Do you believe Ellis with his track record would simply dismiss the offers straight away ?

Ellis will confuse and distract in anyway he can, and I'm sure he knows plenty of ways, he's had enough practice. If he can deflect the flak for a period, he will, he's done it plenty of times in the past.

He will never sell his ego trip willingly and his reasonable recovery from the bypass probably has him believing in his own immortality.

Perhaps the Comers wanted to buy, but whatever the portfolio included, if it did contain inaccuracies (lies), maybe due diligence has brought them out and Comers are hoping to renegotiate. In which case, forget it, Doug will put up another smokescreen and the Comers will just quietly fold up their tents and steal away.

maybe but if Pompey is worth £60m then surely £64m with some land is actually a good deal, and the Comer's can make money easy within a year if they exploited outr assets correctly.

If they want our land for profits then simply someone lied to them, though myself and many others on here could have told them the truth for a small consultancy fee ....