The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Kovalev is winning the rounds, perhaps Cleverly is holding on to the later round where Kovalev possibly will not have the stamina.

Kovalev so far is landing some big shots, Cleverly is taking them, but for how long can he do that???

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Yup, it was always going to happen and anyone who knows anything about it could see what Clev was.

I'm just glad that I decided to whack a 5er on Kovalev to knock him out between the 4th and 6th just before the fight started, I was gutted at the end of the 3rd I thought that the ref had stopped it

Cleverly was never in that.

He always was a bum and one of the worst 'champions' in boxing.

He has no skill, no power and no brain, I'm so glad this chump has been cleared out of there in such a brutal fashion, he will never be at world level again, British level at best.

He would have if the round had been due to last another five seconds.  Clev was saved by the bell.   Nice of Kovalev to get the KO out just before Villa come up on MotD. :D

Cleverly was never in that.

He always was a bum and one of the worst 'champions' in boxing.

He has no skill, no power and no brain, I'm so glad this chump has been cleared out of there in such a brutal fashion, he will never be at world level again, British level at best.

Come on fella bit harsh that. Cleverly is a decent fighter and seems a good lad. Ricky burns title reign is a bigger joke.

Kolavev was incredible. Really top fighter. Honestly cleverly would mix it with all in that weight division yet kolavev is on another level altogether based on that. World class

Who asked for the rematch?   I've switched over, but has Clev or somebody from his camp asked for one?  I can't see why Kovalev would be interested or how TV could sell it.  He didn't just beat Nathan Cleverly, he beat him up.  

Â