VTers' Blogs

ChrisVillan

:yawn:

Yeah yeah, metro and all that.

Prefer the Allegro or the Maxi meself

Don't, you're making me nostalgic.

Here's the cars my dad had between my birth and my 12th birthday:

Mini, Allegro, Metro, Maestro, Montego.

You'll never guess where he worked in the late 70s and 80s.

Guest RantinRob

My first car was a Maxi 1750

I also owned a Rover p6 2200TC

A Rover P5 3.5 Litre Coupe

3 different Rover SD1's, all 3.5 litre V8's, superb engines, shit bodywork

Oh that's a shocking selection, albeit quintessentially English. You (as a nation) had awful cars in the 70's and 80's !!

Yeah we'll arrange something although I'm best man at a wedding in N.America at the end of next April / start of May.

Also I'll be working in Blanchardstown by then too :( That's a crappy northside suburb about 6 miles outside the city :(

Brian I was out in B'Town the other week at one of the business parks where our company has a new office. Its one of those places that not one of the taxi drivers know where it is, even those we have on account. Bit bleak out there isnt it?

You'll probably find that it's the same business park we're moving to. We're moving to the one eBay are based in. Supposed to be in the middle of nowhere. As for Blanch being bleak. You're bloody right there.

Oh that's a shocking selection, albeit quintessentially English. You (as a nation) had awful cars in the 70's and 80's !!

It was the old man's loyalty to Longbridge I'm afraid. He worked there back in the day and still talks about it like he was something out of The Rotters Club.

Oi my dad worked on some of them before moving to Solihull and Land Rover (but you are right too)

As for you - oh of course the De Lorean - ta

De Lorean were Northern Irish ;) I'd be more than happy to admit they were Irish as they are now a sought after collectors item. The Republic does have the TMC Costin - a very successful racing car. The guy who built them became the 'Cos' in Cosworth so the one car we do have is at least a legend for the right reasons :) There is another yoke whose name I can't remember but it was a disaster and probably best forgotten :) I believe Top Gear covered it in an episode.