World of Warcraft

The_Rev

And disturbingly true.

During my super tour of a hostile world with Bubblehearth, the female Paladin, i was asked a/s/l? within 5 seconds of spawning!

You'll find that your guild has a designated Skinner anyway, and that the Beast skins for **** all. You will get some more rugged leather and a bit of black dragonscale though, if you ever do UBRS again.

I keep promising myself that I'll never do UBRS again, but I always end up going back. I was only 'on the bench" for MC last night so had little else to do. Anyway glad I did as I ended up with the skinner, beating two other people to the roll, and ended up with 10 more black dragonscale towards the amount I need for my boots. Plus it's actually higher dps than my axe, so I'm going to skill it up tonight.

I wouldn't use it as a main hand weapon, its damage range is quite poor. I believe Blizzard nerfed it to make it primarily for +skinning as opposed to a pwnzor mainhand as well.

BTW, hows that sword you got from DM West? Levelled that up yet? :)

Tarj, how much will I get for Ace of Portals?

Yeah but 315 is the highest skinning required for anything I think, its a case of either/or as to whether you use the ZG sword or Finkle's. You could use both, but 325 skinning is the same as 315 skinning I think.

We only had 27 men, and took down 5 bosses. We will do the next 5 on Sunday when we have more people. Personally, I really enjoyed it, I got my first set of nightslayer set aside for me (should I pass trial) and didn't die once. I have mastered the art of darting in, doing DPS, then getting out and bandaging / awaiting heal. Nukers have it easy, they can stand outside of AOE range and not worry about dying, us rogues have to get right up against them in our puny leather armour, and survive the duration.

I find it quite tricky. Trying not to overheal, but then worrying about someone dying too quickly is a hard balance to get, plus not going OOM to quickly which is hard for a shammy.

Much easier when I just used to walk up to things and hit them with an axe until they died!

Seems a long time since I first ventured into RFC with Nays, Even if the mobs look the same!

We only had 27 men, and took down 5 bosses. We will do the next 5 on Sunday when we have more people. Personally, I really enjoyed it, I got my first set of nightslayer set aside for me (should I pass trial) and didn't die once. I have mastered the art of darting in, doing DPS, then getting out and bandaging / awaiting heal. Nukers have it easy, they can stand outside of AOE range and not worry about dying, us rogues have to get right up against them in our puny leather armour, and survive the duration.

Yeah, but if you do get aggro, you can actually do something about it.

Standing there and dying is the only option cloth wearers have. Its managing aggro so we dont get it, while doing as much damage as possible that is the challenge of the nuker. And of course, we have a second bar to worry about. The blue one we have under our names doesnt go back to full in 5 seconds. Without it we are ****.

Anyway: Creative Play 101.

Something ive known about for ages and ages and ages (months) but have never tried until just. Warlocks have a lot of magic spells that help other classes be more effective. We can up the spell damage of any caster (except those nature casting plastic magic mofos) with curses. Something i need to check with Dan on some reasonably powerful mobs to test its effectiveness, but we can reduce the armour of a target which will increase melee damage, we can reduced the damage a melee attacker gives out, we can slow down the casting times of a hostile target for a long time and we can also completely silence them for a short time.

Anyway: What can people do for us? Buffs, Heals and Water. All very very welcome. But what about something a little bit cooler. How about something specific to us?

Warlocks who spend in the demonolgy tree get a lot of buffs from their demons. Self buffs only, but all very powerful.

There are two main talents:

The famous master demonologist which gives great buffs if your demon is alive.

The slightly less famous, but equally good demonic sacrafice which gives great buffs if the Warlock kills his demon.

If you summon a demon you get the master demonologist buff. If you kill (and it needs to be the warlock who kills) the demon you lose the master demonologist buff and get the demonic sacrafice buff, which lasts 30 mins or until the Warlock dies, or summons another demon.

It would be great to be able to have both buffs, and the use of the demon. But in theory, its not possible because the process of either killing your old demon or summoning a new demon will remove one of the buffs.

Now if a priest resurrects my demon after ive killed him?

I get my master demonologist buff back because the demon is alive again.

I dont lose my demonic sacrafice buff because technically ive not summoned another demon. Nice!

So, alongside a priest i can have the following:

imp

20% less threat (MD)

15% more damage on fire spells (DS)

plus the usual imp benifits of blood pact and his own fireballs. Will be very nice for the first part of UBRS upto and including eggboss, where i use fire AOE spells a lot.

Voidwalker

10% less damage taken (MD)

3% of total health regen every 4 seconds (DS) with fortitude buff, demon armour and natural health regen, i think i can get back around about 100 health points per second back naturally. Add that to soul link for 30% more damage reduction, and we effectively have a Warlock in mail/plate armour? Oh, and a 2500 hp shield if things turn to shit.

Succubus

10% buff to all damage given, applies to both lock and succubus (MD)

15% buff to shadow damage given (DS)

if feeling brave, add another soul link bonus of 3%, curse of shadow for 10% and lowered resistances on targets, and spell damage buffs from my armour, and hopefully shadowbolts will be hitting for 1200+ non crit. And then use of normal succubus abilities like seduce and her melee damage.

Felhunter

60 points of resistance to all forms of magic (MD)

2% of mana ticks back every 4 seconds (DS)

I like this one a lot. Felhunter is my fave pet. Like the voidwalker (and unlike the imp and succubus) he can be soul linked to. He can silence. He can remove buffs from hostile players like the Shamans Purge and the like the Priests Dispell he can also remove nasty debuffs from friendly targets. Its even nice because he can remove from me when ive been sheeped, or hit by a Paladins magical stun effect. With free mana from the DS buff, i can see myself using this whenever possible in PvP.

Nerf Warloxx!

I still need a group for DM East, almost impossible to get :|

I'd be up for that after Onyxia if you like Tarj, have you signed up for that by the way?

Now with AQ open, getting a group for just about anything is nigh on impossible. I waited about an hour last night just for a bleeding UBRS group, which I didn't even want to do that much.

A lot of the people from my friends list are now all in guilds, so you see them less often get a lot more noobs in PUGS. Last night in UBRS we had all sorts of noobery and Leeroying.

Its clear Locks are Blizzard's babies, but I wouldn't be one if you paid me, sounds like too much fannying about. Rogues, simple and effective!

I still need a group for DM East, almost impossible to get :|

I'd be up for that after Onyxia if you like Tarj, have you signed up for that by the way?

Now with AQ open, getting a group for just about anything is nigh on impossible. I waited about an hour last night just for a bleeding UBRS group, which I didn't even want to do that much.

A lot of the people from my friends list are now all in guilds, so you see them less often get a lot more noobs in PUGS. Last night in UBRS we had all sorts of noobery and Leeroying.

Ye im up for it later. Cant do Onyxia as i have some irl stuff that needs attention

Â