TheSufferingVilla

Which game would you like to see?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which game would you like to see?

• Aston Villa v CHELSEA 21/02/09
    • Aston Villa v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 14/03/09
    • Aston Villa v WEST HAM UNITED 18/04/09
    • Aston Villa v NEWCASTLE UNITED 24/05/09

Hi Donal and the rest of you NY Villans. Perry here (currently still living in copenhagen but considering myself a NY Villan). Would love to join for the spurs game and would meet up from Denmark (actually quite easy from here). The memorial day weekend game won't work for me though as I expect to be moving back home to NYC on that weekend (provided I don't get a package from my company - financial services aren't what they used to be).

cheers all, miss early morning guiness at nevada smiths (did you know they announce the games in danish here? jury is still out whether thats a good or bad thing).

• 1 month later...
I think we could probably do it for $650 - $800 per person which would include return flights from the East Coast, two nights hotel in Birmingham and obviously match ticket. Granted food and drink would drive that up.

I'm in the process of setting up a trip for $700 before tickets for the March 14 Spurs game, with 5 nights in Birmingham...

We may quite possibly play Spurs in the UEFA Cup on the Thursday, so I'm seriously considering getting tickets to both the league and cup games... to be on the safe side, I'm not leaving Birmingham until Tuesday, since there's a chance of the league game being moved to Monday night.

$540 ticket on Continental from Boston via Newark to BHX

$220 for 5 nights in the center of Birmingham

Anybody else interested in doing that trip?

I might get myself in trouble for saying this but I can't imagine spending five nights in Birmingham (unless of course Villa were playing on each of those five nights). You might want to check the hotel cancellation policy in the event that UEFA Cup match doesn't happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you fellow Villains enjoy your trips to the hallowed ground.

We have just booked our flights for our bi-annual trip back to the Motherland. I will be there from Aug 8th thru the 30th so I will hope to get in a couple of Premier League games and possibly a Champions League game.

It is the highlight of the trip for me; the wife seems to enjoy visiting family and friends more!! Although she does want to pop over to Paris for a few days, what are the chances of playing PSG in the Champions League qualifying round?

If anybody is interested Priceline has fares from LAX to London on Virgin for $850 RT and $675 RT from JFK. These fares are not showing on the Virgin web site.

Cheers to you all & UTV

I might get myself in trouble for saying this but I can't imagine spending five nights in Birmingham (unless of course Villa were playing on each of those five nights). You might want to check the hotel cancellation policy in the event that UEFA Cup match doesn't happen.

....no offence taken mate. Five nights in Birmingham pisses me off.....and I live here.

Okay so I decided to go to the homeleg of the CSKA Moscow match (Feb 18) and then the Chelsea match 3 days later. From Sioux Falls, SD I am flying to Brum and that's costing $730 RT. I'm not paying for any lodging because I'm couchsurfing, should be a good time as the people hosting me are coming to the matches too. Only shame is that the CSKA match is the same day as I fly in, about 9 hours after arrival to be exact.

Originally I found tickets for $585 but I took too long and they went up, seats got sold.

I thought about the Spurs match this March, maybe try and spend by birthday in Brum like in 2007..but I'm leaning more towards warmer weather..

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
That is actually quite reasonable. I am a member of the NY Villans (new) and I live roughy 60 minutes from NYC. It'd be very easy for me to meet up with you NY guys. Where in England would we fly into? Does Birmingham have an airport?

:lol:

Â