TheSufferingVilla

Which game would you like to see?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which game would you like to see?

• Aston Villa v CHELSEA 21/02/09
    • Aston Villa v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 14/03/09
    • Aston Villa v WEST HAM UNITED 18/04/09
    • Aston Villa v NEWCASTLE UNITED 24/05/09

We've been talking about it for a long time at least amongst the NY Villans but this season we really hope to arrange a group trip to Villa Park from the US. In doing so we have identified a number of fixtures to choose from the games with Lions Club allocations.

Now to explain what is going on here the club have picked these games based upon the best experience they can offer visiting fans. For each game they have set aside 1,000 seats around the ground allowing us to choose exactly where we want to sit. Aside from the ticketing, they plan to use these pre-arranged dates to give you more opportunities to offer supporters clubs a full "weekend experience"to include pre-match stadium tours, Holte Pub evenings, Old Star events. There will also be a Supporters' Club Awards Evening after the last home match of the season. The club will also be arranging special rates at certain hotels.

The May 24th fixture stands out since it is Memorial Day weekend and many of us will be off that Monday the 25th. Let me know if you would be interested in going and which game you would prefer to see.

Donal. NYVillans.

I'm already going over at Christmas time, so it's going to be tough for me to get back again so soon after. So I suppose Memorial Day would be the most likely, but it's far from certain.

We've been talking about it for a long time at least amongst the NY Villans but this season we really hope to arrange a group trip to Villa Park from the US. In doing so we have identified a number of fixtures to choose from the games with Lions Club allocations.

Now to explain what is going on here the club have picked these games based upon the best experience they can offer visiting fans. For each game they have set aside 1,000 seats around the ground allowing us to choose exactly where we want to sit. Aside from the ticketing, they plan to use these pre-arranged dates to give you more opportunities to offer supporters clubs a full "weekend experience"to include pre-match stadium tours, Holte Pub evenings, Old Star events. There will also be a Supporters' Club Awards Evening after the last home match of the season. The club will also be arranging special rates at certain hotels.

The May 25th fixture stands out since it is Memorial Day weekend and many of us will be off that Monday the 26th. Let me know if you would be interested in going and which game you would prefer to see.

Donal. NYVillans.

Hey Donal, take a look at the dates again. Something is messed up. The match is may 24th...not 25th...and Memorial Day would be Tuesday the 26th...right?

I'm thinking about it and the last VP match of the season would be memorable enough, and against opposition I could certainly see us winning and scoring goals against.

Okay so after doing some flight research I've found that one of the cheapest ways will be to fly out of JFK on the 22nd, and we would technically arrive in Brum on the 23rd. This would be a flight thru NWA and connecting thru Amsterdam (3 hour connection means a possible trip into the city centre for extra special fun?) Soo it would be JFK NYC to Amsterdam Schipol then on to BHX Brum. Leaving NYC at 4:15pm and arriving the next day in Brum at the crack of dawn, 8:40am. I'm not sure how many of you want to leave on that day but the price range is about the same leaving on or near that day and returning on the 26th. The cost total with taxes and fee's is $681 and is sure to go up as the months and days carry on. What are your thoughts on this?

I'm flying out from Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and will probably use flyer miles to get to NYC.

Also, Donal, what do we know about what prices the club will give us for a tour of the grounds and hospitality etc...? Maybe if we give this group enough attention it will reach the higher echelons of the club and Randy will take out his wallet? Hahahaha.

Anyone have a better idea for flights? I used Kayak.com for the flight search and they are pretty good. I prefer NWA cause I get frequent fly miles and coincidentally they are the cheapest at the moment.

OOOOOO I couldn't have planned it better (for myself). Found flights that I can take with frequent flyer miles that would make great connections outbound and inbound from JFK airport.....

Hopefully some of these dates work for you guys cause it'd be great to fly with a few Villans!

Not yet Ryu we need to get our act together a little bit more, am tempted to assign this whole planning to the girls since they are excellent at doing such (or at least claim to be). We also need to have a word with the club to see how much they could help us cram into the trip.

Â