FAB meeting - 22nd May 2024

On 15/05/2024 at 04:56, sne said:

The big thing people are gonna speculate about this summer is the finances and if there is any risk we won't be allowed in the CL by UEFA. If they could convincingly clear that up it would be nice.

Is this the next big thing we should all worry and endlessly speculate about?

• Like 1

We really need someone to be more aware of stuff that needs doing at VP.

Others have mentioned a facilities manager that should be doing a walk around the day before a match checking basic stuff works before 40k descend on VP.

Blocked urinals, bogs, taps that don't work, hand driers that are faulty, paper towels, enough bog paper etc etc all need addressing days before a match...

Gissa job, I will do it...😏

• Like 3

7 hours ago, delboy54 said:

We really need someone to be more aware of stuff that needs doing at VP.

Others have mentioned a facilities manager that should be doing a walk around the day before a match checking basic stuff works before 40k descend on VP.

Blocked urinals, bogs, taps that don't work, hand driers that are faulty, paper towels, enough bog paper etc etc all need addressing days before a match...

Gissa job, I will do it...😏

As this is my area, it's so simple.

Really makes me angry. Tell them for 60k I'll be their Facilities  & Compliance Manager 😅 

Also are they happy with the performance of the current online ticketing portal? From experience it's quite hard to use?

On 15/05/2024 at 04:56, sne said:

The big thing people are gonna speculate about this summer is the finances and if there is any risk we won't be allowed in the CL by UEFA. If they could convincingly clear that up it would be nice.

There should be zero concern there imo. We were at 89% because of bonuses for making it to Europe without European football to offset those bonuses. Another 15 mil in prize money and 6 more home games gets us below the 85% mark even without additional revenue growth in other areas. 

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

As this is my area, it's so simple.

Really makes me angry. Tell them for 60k I'll be their Facilities  & Compliance Manager 😅 

Also are they happy with the performance of the current online ticketing portal? From experience it's quite hard to use?

I too used to be involved with managing facilities, but next month I will be 66, so too old to take up the role of Aston Villa FC facilities manager, but could I be your part time assistant? I dont mind doing the sh£t jobs as nobody else appears to be doing them...

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I too used to be involved with managing facilities, but next month I will be 66, so too old to take up the role of Aston Villa FC facilities manager, but could I be your part time assistant? I dont mind doing the sh£t jobs as nobody else appears to be doing them...

Fine by me. So many easy quick fixes are never carried out to help fan experience. And that's just the front of house public stuff we see. God knows the state of the m&e plant. Whoever is their contractor needs shooting to be honest.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2024 at 19:03, nick76 said:

Improve the wifi please.  I get in early and it’s fine but as soon as it starts to get some crowd in it doesn’t work.

No signal at all on O2 in DE Upper. Never has been. 

• Like 2

Would it be possible for the new AV82 shuttle bus, to pick up & drop fans nearer to Villa Park (one primarily for our elderly fans and for those with accessibility issues)? 

Would it also be possible to have toilets within the ground checked before half time and after it, so that any problems found, such as those that might be resolved by use of a mop & bucket could be addressed, before the half time/full time rush?  

• Like 2

I'm going to lock this one up for the time being - I'll reopen it once the agenda is published and the meeting has taken place.

Thank you to everyone that's submitted questions.

• Thanks 1