Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside...

Anyone making a few days of it? 

Any suggestions where to watch the small heath relegation part on Saturday then? :cheers:

On 01/05/2024 at 11:05, Kingman said:

Anyone making a few days of it? 

Any suggestions where to watch the small heath relegation part on Saturday then? :cheers:

Not sure when you land, but The Kings and Queens is a cracking boozer for sport, beer and a £6 burger in a backet. Two floors, loads of beer, pool tables and a huge screen last time we went down (last year I think). It's rough and ready but it's a corker.

I will say, last time we went down there, after tea time we got ID'ed a lot in town, not for age (none of us look less than 40 years old) but ID'ed to see where we were from. We weren't being nuisances, we'd had 5/6 years in the same boozers. so it come as a bit of an odd one. So any bar after tea time, turn up and pretend be an Ozzie or something.

Also, if you can get dinner in the Camelford Arms, it's spit and sawdust, it's well kept beer, and it's a plate of food that you'll love and never be able to finish. The interior is a Banks's pub from the 80s, the beer is gold plated. the food will make you jizz.

Drop me a DM if you wanna link up, I'm coming down as a rascal on the prowl but I'm with my boy, his wife and his nipper. 

Otherwise, have it pal, and have it hard. It's a wonderful place, it's full of lovely people, lovely beer, lovely food, and three points for us :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Not sure when you land, but The Kings and Queens is a cracking boozer for sport, beer and a £6 burger in a backet. Two floors, loads of beer, pool tables and a huge screen last time we went down (last year I think). It's rough and ready but it's a corker.

I will say, last time we went down there, after tea time we got ID'ed a lot in town, not for age (none of us look less than 40 years old) but ID'ed to see where we were from. We weren't being nuisances, we'd had 5/6 years in the same boozers. so it come as a bit of an odd one. So any bar after tea time, turn up and pretend be an Ozzie or something.

Also, if you can get dinner in the Camelford Arms, it's spit and sawdust, it's well kept beer, and it's a plate of food that you'll love and never be able to finish. The interior is a Banks's pub from the 80s, the beer is gold plated. the food will make you jizz.

Drop me a DM if you wanna link up, I'm coming down as a rascal on the prowl but I'm with my boy, his wife and his nipper. 

Otherwise, have it pal, and have it hard. It's a wonderful place, it's full of lovely people, lovely beer, lovely food, and three points for us :D

Nice one Cyril, I've been in both over the past couple of seasons 🍻

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kingman said:

I will say, last time we went down there, after tea time we got ID'ed a lot in town, not for age (none of us look less than 40 years old) but ID'ed to see where we were from.

That's legal now in the UK? Just asking for someone's ID for no apparent reason?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

4 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

That's legal now in the UK? Just asking for someone's ID for no apparent reason?

**** knows why that's quoted me? 

On 04/05/2024 at 19:41, Marka Ragnos said:

It took us by surprise, we weren't being rascals at all, but from memory, 2 pubs, maybe 3, checked the ID to see if we were Villa. There was two middle aged men, not a group of ten teenage snotters. 

Kings and Queens again tho, cracking boozer.

Also, Brighton 360 - Nah, I'm scared of hights, and that shit was **** high. Never again.

• Like 1

Â