limpid

Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

16 hours ago, switters said:

What Emi would have added 2nd half is his ability to slow it down and relieve some pressure. He's willing to keep the ball that bit longer, under pressure, wait until the pass is on before releasing.

Not sure it would changed the result ultimately. They did a good job on staying tight on Luiz and McGinn and wingers pushing high on full backs to not really allow the short options, Pau was forced to go long quite often as well and he's not one for low % hoofs normally, that was kind of forced by them.

But for all their possession in that first - half, aside from hitting the post, they never really looked like scoring. We were disciplined in our defensive organisation. Not so in the second  - half. The confidence had evaporated and we lost our structure. I honestly don't believe that would have been the case has Emi not departed. 

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

But for all their possession in that first - half, aside from hitting the post, they never really looked like scoring. We were disciplined in our defensive organisation. Not so in the second  - half. The confidence had evaporated and we lost our structure. I honestly don't believe that would have been the case has Emi not departed. 

I respect your opinion, Sheepy.....but I think it's a stretch to suggest, that Emi could influence, what was wrong with us in that second half....you could be right, after all....but I didn't see it that way.

Jackson had a close offside too, first half.....I thought Olsen saved a worldie, from Palmer too. He is never going to give us the assurance Emi does, but their goals came from passive play, from us.

I'm not suggesting you are wrong about Emi, we will always miss him....but I think the midfield, was a central culprit in our poor night.

just opinions.

Edited by TRO

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

I respect your opinion, Sheepy.....but I think it's a stretch to suggest, that Emi could influence, what was wrong with us in that second half....you could be right, after all....but I didn't see it that way.

Jackson had a close offside too, first half.....I thought Olsen saved a worldie, from Palmer too. He is never going to give us the assurance Emi does, but their goals came from passive play, from us.

I'm not suggesting you are wrong about Emi, we will always miss him....but I think the midfield, was a central culprit in our poor night.

just opinions.

The fact that Chelsea looked a lot more dangerous in the 2nd half than they did in the first, I think, adds weight to my opinion. 

You're right, they are just opinions. 

14 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The fact that Chelsea looked a lot more dangerous in the 2nd half than they did in the first, I think, adds weight to my opinion. 

You're right, they are just opinions. 

I can't deny that.

• Thanks 1

Â