Porto

Mozzavfc

On 20/04/2024 at 10:52, Mozzavfc said:

Looking for any advice on doing a long weekend in Porto

Planning on heading out in early June for 3 nights 

What do you need to know? I stayed there for 2 nights, seemed very nice but I don't know much.

I stayed near the river in Saõ Nicolau, north side of the Ponte Luis. Seemed like this would be a bit of a happening area which wasn't much the case (not dead either), but we did have a craft beer bar (Cervejaria Cask Beer) and a port and petiscos bar (Wine Chalet) right by our hotel (Porta Nobre).

You have to be aware though that stepping even a road back from here is essentially going up a huge hill. You would come walk down it (dodgy knees aside) but up is a serious hike! You can uber easily and insanely cheaply though. It's only about £12 from the airport even.

The other district to stay up the hill would be Baixa, near the cathedral and the Mercado do Bolhão.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2024 at 16:42, fightoffyour said:

What do you need to know? I stayed there for 2 nights, seemed very nice but I don't know much.

I stayed near the river in Saõ Nicolau, north side of the Ponte Luis. Seemed like this would be a bit of a happening area which wasn't much the case (not dead either), but we did have a craft beer bar (Cervejaria Cask Beer) and a port and petiscos bar (Wine Chalet) right by our hotel (Porta Nobre).

You have to be aware though that stepping even a road back from here is essentially going up a huge hill. You would come walk down it (dodgy knees aside) but up is a serious hike! You can uber easily and insanely cheaply though. It's only about £12 from the airport even.

The other district to stay up the hill would be Baixa, near the cathedral and the Mercado do Bolhão.

Mainly looking for restaurant/bar recommendations. I'm staying pretty central so should be plenty around

Also if anyone has done a food/walking tour of the city I'd be interested to hear if they thought it was worth it or not

29 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Mainly looking for restaurant/bar recommendations. I'm staying pretty central so should be plenty around

Also if anyone has done a food/walking tour of the city I'd be interested to hear if they thought it was worth it or not

I don’t really know about restaurants but you’ve got to the mercado, you can get all you want to eat and drink there. Great for lunch or snacking/drinking.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â