Chris Nicholl

colhint

57 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I remember after that game, every time we played a team who continually passed the ball back to the keeper, the Holte would sing, "you're worse than Everton, you're worse than Everton".

My Dad’s car broke down on the way home just to add a bit more gloom to the day, all was well that ended well though. Thanks to Chris and of course Brian who was on top water walking form as usual. How many Englsnd csod did he get? Whatever it was it should have been at least double!!!  I remember Bobby Charlton being critical of the decision to not play him against Scotland after he has come on and saved the game for us against Wales. Englsnd managers eh? They’ve always been rubbish, ok the present one is worse than normal but not so unusual to be clueless. 

aopologies for letting Brian hijack an Irishman’s thread! I’m sure you were used to him grabbing the headlines throughout your career Chris. UTV!!!! RIP big fella! 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

My Dad’s car broke down on the way home just to add a bit more gloom to the day, all was well that ended well though. Thanks to Chris and of course Brian who was on top water walking form as usual. How many Englsnd csod did he get? Whatever it was it should have been at least double!!!  I remember Bobby Charlton being critical of the decision to not play him against Scotland after he has come on and saved the game for us against Wales. Englsnd managers eh? They’ve always been rubbish, ok the present one is worse than normal but not so unusual to be clueless. 

aopologies for letting Brian hijack an Irishman’s thread! I’m sure you were used to him grabbing the headlines throughout your career Chris. UTV!!!! RIP big fella! 

I remember watching that game against Wales like it was yesterday. That 77 side in it's pomp was something special indeed. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I remember watching that game against Wales like it was yesterday. That 77 side in it's pomp was something special indeed. 

Similar to this side now but Ollie might not get in the European Championship team or any other of our players knowing what a complete idiot the national manager is and the huge gulf in quality between him and our club’s manager. 

Ollie will probably come back after a 10 minute cameo when he scores the equaliser and the winner in injury time but doesn’t get picked again. He’ll come on to replace  Rice having been 1-0 up but have conceded a couple of goals by playing too deep. Initially Enzri was waiting to come on but Southgate was getting pelters especially when we went behind and Enzri told him he’d be better Off bringing Ollie on who saves the day but hopefully not Southgate’s job who get’s snapped up by BCFC soccer ball club as their 4the manager of the season and despite them sitting 12th the former England manager finds a way to get them relegated on the last day of the season!

Edited by DaveAV1

21 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The Wembley game was one of the worst football matched I have ever seen 

I think we have both seen a few that were worse, I certainly have, but I know where you are coming from. ;)

21 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Little scored 10 goals in the competition that year. Not sure if this is a record

Andy Ritchie scored 12 for Oldham in 89/90. He couldn't walk on water though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Â