Jas10

Bailey or Philogene?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Bailey or Philogene?

• Sell Bailey, Keep Philogene
    • Keep Bailey, Loan Philogene
    • Keep Bailey, Sell Philogene

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/23 at 18:57

Posted (edited)

Wow. Glad I didn't contribute my thoughts to this thread at the time but I'm fairly sure they'd align with what everyone else was saying. Not one person voted for what actually happened.

Bailey had shown nothing, was costing a lot of money, but might have brought in a decent chunk of money. Philogene had a brilliant pre season and seemed to be undervalued by the club given what we eventually sold him for.

The right answer was definitely keep both.  Philogene would have had plenty of minutes with the injuries and drop off in form we've had from Diaby this season.

That assumes we didn't have to sell him for PSR/FFP purposes, which I suspect we did.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. But also, worth remembering the outcome of this situation, and that Diaby could well be a world beater next season.

And also, players that struggle at another club  may just need Emery as their manager to start performing.

Edited by MrBlack

For what it is worth I'd like us to bring back philogene. He's a hardworker on both sides of the ball and his dribbling ability is really special. And he's clearly worked on his 2nd product. Would love for him to be back at the club. 

• Like 1