"Latest Posts"

TheAuthority

Question

What happened to the "latest posts" tab on the right of the screen?

It's say "popular now" and only shows 2 posts. Was it a software upgrade or an option that was changed?

I enjoyed scanning the latest topics being discussed. It's still possible to ascertain that but I did like that side tab.

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

What happened to the "latest posts" tab on the right of the screen?

It's say "popular now" and only shows 2 posts. Was it a software upgrade or an option that was changed?

I enjoyed scanning the latest topics being discussed. It's still possible to ascertain that but I did like that side tab.

I'm playing with things. Almost no clicks were recorded on that panel, so I've put a different one in to try that instead.

Can you get what you want from an activity stream? Click "Activity" in the menu.

I liked it but if I am the only one that used it then thats ok!

Obviously the most recent posts always bring that particular thread to the top of the page you happen to be on. Just as an on, and off topic user,  it was nice to see who had been posting where most recently. Especially being on a different time zone I often miss the "hot" period when people are going back and forth. Selfishly, if something is been talked about at when I am online I like to get involved if I can.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I liked it but if I am the only one that used it then thats ok!

Obviously the most recent posts always bring that particular thread to the top of the page you happen to be on. Just as an on, and off topic user,  it was nice to see who had been posting where most recently. Especially being on a different time zone I often miss the "hot" period when people are going back and forth. Selfishly, if something is been talked about at when I am online I like to get involved if I can.

I'll leave this open for a few days and see if anyone else shouts. I can't customise these by user unfortunately. The activity streams are quite customisable though.

On 26/07/2023 at 21:09, limpid said:

I'll leave this open for a few days and see if anyone else shouts. I can't customise these by user unfortunately. The activity streams are quite customisable though.

i used it quite regularly too but sounds like @TheAuthority and i are in the minority!

• Like 2

Got to say @limpid I don't see the benefit of changing it and I do miss it :(

Is anyone clicking on posters profiles who are listing as "popular now"?

But if a topic was listed as "popular now" isn't that more likely to entice someone in who may not have otherwise ended up there?

Come on @tomav84 back me up!

Is it ok to bring this up in general chat and see if others are supportive?

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Got to say @limpid I don't see the benefit of changing it and I do miss it :(

Is anyone clicking on posters profiles who are listing as "popular now"?

But if a topic was listed as "popular now" isn't that more likely to entice someone in who may not have otherwise ended up there?

Come on @tomav84 back me up!

Is it ok to bring this up in general chat and see if others are supportive?

yeah i'm not sure what having a list of 'popular contributors' really adds to be honest! i vote to bring the 'latest posts' tab back :)

7 hours ago, limpid said:

I'm a little confused. The "popular posters" section has always been there.

What is it that you can't replicate with the activity function? You should be able to create a custom stream that does what you want.

never really used that before - just had a look and it's more than suitable instead of the latest posts

• Like 1