Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Nice one , just shy of getting my money back. They don’t do double the odds for one winner now which is crap 

Who do you bet with? I know Betfred still offer double odds on one winner on Lucky 15's.

But you're right, there isn't much transparency on it.

57 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Who do you bet with? I know Betfred still offer double odds on one winner on Lucky 15's.

But you're right, there isn't much transparency on it.

Sky bet

Im too lazy with my betting. I had two skybet accounts one in the mother-in-laws details but I went on there few days ago and that’s been closed down for some reason 

Still limping along, mine for tomorrow:

Lucky 31 (Each Way) 

14:35 Ludlow - Famoso
15:20 Sedgefield - Upagainstit
16:00 Clonmel - Foreverwalking
16:20 Ludlow - Giddyupadingdong
18:00 Chelmsford City -Zachary

Today, place, place, won, place, lost, place, lost, lost. £4.94 down, 87p back.. the wait for a goliath win continues. 

• Like 1

My bunch of losers for tomorrow:

Lucky 31 (Each Way) 

12:35 Exeter - Wrappedupinmay
15:42 Newcastle - Leveret
16:08 Chelmsford City - Dukes Command
16:12 Newcastle - Monks Dream
19:30 Dundalk - Punk Poet

Today was win, lost, lost, void, lost, 62p down, 13p back. Only other bet today I had Manimole in the 1350 @ Newbury, I splashed out 25p e/w, got me £6.50, if I see another like this I'll post it here.

On 08/11/2023 at 17:31, Rugeley Villa said:

Sky bet

Im too lazy with my betting. I had two skybet accounts one in the mother-in-laws details but I went on there few days ago and that’s been closed down for some reason 

Ah, yea. SB are good for decent odds etc.

Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, W Hill and Bet365 all offer double the odds on 1 winner on a L-15.  If you like having a few Lucky 15's over time, then one of these others might be worth signing up to for that purpose.

*BetFred i've noticed are robbing sods when it comes to anti-post prices before races, however, if you're happy to risk/go with the 'SP' then it's usually okay - Unless you know the horse you're backing is going to shorten.

Fwiw. BetFred are currently offering £40 in free bets when you open a new account and stake £10. Sign up using WELCOME40 if that is any use to you mate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hopefully you do for tomorrow 🤑

probably jinxed it:

I've thrown a £1 free bet on this outsider

13:35 Hexham - Killybegs Jet Lady @ 17.00 (Win or Each Way) 

if you are also having a punt please use a fee bet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

probably jinxed it:

I've thrown a £1 free bet on this outsider

13:35 Hexham - Killybegs Jet Lady @ 17.00 (Win or Each Way) 

if you are also having a punt please use a fee bet.

Nice one.

I'll stick an E/W single on it mate.

I'm going to also combine it in a E/W double too with 'It's for you mum' in the 13.00 Hex - under the same trainer. Going to throw an e/w single on that one too.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I think anyone who uses Betfred might want to consider sacking it off.

Their website and app was down all day on Sunday, apparantly it was down a few hours on Tuesday and now again today it's down again.

The money this company makes and they haven't even got a reliable website and app! Too risky for my liking and time to withdraw everything and close the account. Absolute Jokers!

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think anyone who uses Betfred might want to consider sacking it off.

Their website and app was down all day on Sunday, apparantly it was down a few hours on Tuesday and now again today it's down again.

The money this company makes and they haven't even got a reliable website and app! Too risky for my liking and time to withdraw everything and close the account. Absolute Jokers!

betfred is one of the few i'm yet to be restricted on and is the main online account i use when i'm not placing bets in shops (which is also betfred coincidentally)

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

betfred is one of the few i'm yet to be restricted on and is the main online account i use when i'm not placing bets in shops (which is also betfred coincidentally)

Doesn't mean anything though if you can't access it to get a bet on. 

We are sorry...

Our website is undergoing essential maintenance, we'll be back up and running as soon as possible.

3 times in a week!! Nope,not for me. They can do one!

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

*BetFred i've noticed are robbing sods when it comes to anti-post prices before races, however, if you're happy to risk/go with the 'SP' then it's usually okay - Unless you know the horse you're backing is going to shorten.

Fwiw. BetFred are currently offering £40 in free bets when you open a new account and stake £10. Sign up using WELCOME40 if that is any use to you mate.

Scrap that suggestion, Their website is shite and i'll be closing my account today when their site is back up and running. Too unreliable.

If this happened during a Cheltenham meeting I would be severely pissed. Glad the warning signs have came 7 days early.

49 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

are we all in for the 1 horse each lucky 15 tomorrow? what we thinking, anything goes or a minimum/maximum price?

Yep.

I've got 2 shortlisted but can't see any prices on them yet. I will try and find the best horse of the day and at decent odds. I'll try and avoid anything less than 3/1 If possible.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

are we all in for the 1 horse each lucky 15 tomorrow? what we thinking, anything goes or a minimum/maximum price?

Was just about to post who’s in tomorrow 

see how many are in . If only 4 of us then lucky 15. Regarding price anything but odds on I reckon. Basically your bet of the day wether it be because you think it’s overpriced or you think it’s a nap . 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

On 08/11/2023 at 17:31, Rugeley Villa said:

Sky bet

Just tried to set one of these up and they're already asking for allsorts of ID off me from the off. They can **** off aswell. 

Â