Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

11 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Horses of interest today Cheltenham 

1.35 Afadil / Glorious Zoff 10/3 and 12/1

3.55 Lookaway/ Enthused  11/2 and 20/1

4.30 Strictlyadancer/ Bells Of Peterboro 11/2 and 17/2

5.05 Angels Breath 11/2

One winner Lookaway and I thought Bells Of Peterboro was unlucky leading with that bad mistake at the last which cost him his chance. Strictly is a horse to watch for Christian Williams staying on for 4th in same race, he’s being primed for a big handicap over staying distances . Angels Breath drifting out to 10/1 finishing second and is another who could pop up after a long layoff just. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

One winner Lookaway and I thought Bells Of Peterboro was unlucky leading with that bad mistake at the last which cost him his chance. Strictly is a horse to watch for Christian Williams staying on for 4th in same race, he’s being primed for a big handicap over staying distances . Angels Breath drifting out to 10/1 finishing second and is another who could pop up after a long layoff just. 

Yes. I seen that Ruge. Very unlucky.

The others you mention have also been noted for the future.

Railway Hurricane wiped out at the starting post in his race too.. finished 2nd in the end.

But as we know.. That's racing.

Onto tomorrow we go! 

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Railway Hurricane wiped out at the starting post.. finished 2nd in the end.

But as we know.. That's racing.

Onto tomorrow we go! 

Frustrating but yeah . 3 at Cheltenham,  couple at Kelso I might look at and one at Galway 

• Like 1

Cheltenham

1.15 Before Midnight 

1.50 Blueking D’Oroux

2.25 Lord Accord 

3.00 Party Business

Kelso 

1.29 Highland Hunter ( most Interesting horse of the day. Long lay-off but goes well fresh. Fergal O’ Briens only runner up there today and paddy Brennan has decided to skip Cheltenham and travel 309 miles to be on this horse. Trainer/jockey very good record at course and it’s their only ride of the day up Kelso .

2.39 Pay The Piper 

Galway 

4.17 Buddy One 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Cheltenham

1.15 Before Midnight 

1.50 Blueking D’Oroux

2.25 Lord Accord 

3.00 Party Business

Kelso 

1.29 Highland Hunter ( most Interesting horse of the day. Long lay-off but goes well fresh. Fergal O’ Briens only runner up there today and paddy Brennan has decided to skip Cheltenham and travel 309 miles to be on this horse. Trainer/jockey very good record at course and it’s their only ride of the day up Kelso .

2.39 Pay The Piper 

Galway 

4.17 Buddy One 

Interesting selections there mate. Hopefully a good day all round.

34 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Interesting selections there mate. Hopefully a good day all round.

Highland Hunter just failed after being off for best part of two years .Be interesting to see where they go with him but should be 100% primed wherever he goes 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Highland Hunter just failed after being off for best part of two years .Be interesting to see where they go with him but should be 100% primed wherever he goes 

Very unlucky there pal. He's another to keep an eye on.

Corach Rambler is no gold cup horse which I think a few of us knew anyway. The race didn’t suit today no pace and first time out he isn’t usually fully ready to go but he’d get taken off his feet in a gold cup even though he likes pace to aim at. Fair play if they go that route but I’d target other big staying races like the Eider at Newcastle before he goes for the national again .

• Like 1

Â