Laboratory Grown Woolly Mammoth Meatball

maqroll

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Outdoor. One word. 

You may well be right ... according to ChatGPT (I'll be checking everything now)

The West Midlands word for an off-license, "outdoor", should not be hyphenated. "Outdoor" is a single word and should be written as such.

However, it's worth noting that the more common term for an off-license in the UK is "off-licence", with a hyphen. This is the spelling used by the Oxford English Dictionary and is considered the standard spelling. If you're writing for a UK audience, it may be better to use this spelling to avoid confusion.

Note the US spelling of licence.

edit  ... The connection with woolly mammoth meatballs is extremely tenuous, and it would take too long to explain ... but as we all should know ... all is connected.

Edited by fruitvilla

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Off licence or offy in kings Heath at least.

I used to live on Goldsmith Rd .... the outdoor was literally across the road from me ... converted into a home now.

27 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I used to live on Goldsmith Rd .... the outdoor was literally across the road from me ... converted into a home now.

Makes sense, it's gone all trendy and expensive there now. In fairness I buy my meatballs from a Welsh off licence these days, no idea if Bargain Booze sell such quality products. 

Â