accessing chess.com

PussEKatt

I have a Samsung Galaxy tablet,The newest one (A7 Lite ) and the latest ipad ( 9th Gen 256 GB version ) 

Here is the problem.On the ipad I can get on the internet,no problem but when I try to go to "chess.com" i get "No Internet connection " I then get my Galaxy tablet and get "chess.com"  no problem at all.

So,it sounds like a problem with the chess.com website "Except" that my Galaxy tablet has no trouble accessing that site and the ipad connects to the internet except for chess.com.

I havent a clue where to go with this ? 

It almost certainly isn't a problem with the website. I can't imagine a website as big as chess.com would be unable to be accessed from all ipads.

I've just tried chess.com on my iphone and it works perfectly.

In the words of our great leader @limpid... have you tried clearing cookies and cache? If so have you tried a different internet browser?

• Like 1

Thanks guys.No,I am sure it is not the fault of chess.com but either something to do with clearing the cache ( cant see that,as only one website gives me this problem ) As for the DNS server,I have decided to uninstall/reinstall the chess.com app.If that does not fix the prob then I will try the DNS route.  

6 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Thanks guys.No,I am sure it is not the fault of chess.com but either something to do with clearing the cache ( cant see that,as only one website gives me this problem ) As for the DNS server,I have decided to uninstall/reinstall the chess.com app.If that does not fix the prob then I will try the DNS route.  

Perhaps you might have mentioned that it was an app at the beginning? Everyone has replied assuming that this was a problem with a website.

17 hours ago, limpid said:

Perhaps you might have mentioned that it was an app at the beginning? Everyone has replied assuming that this was a problem with a website.

I did mention that I had no problem accessing this site using my Galaxy tablet,only with my ipad. 

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I did mention that I had no problem accessing this site using my Galaxy tablet,only with my ipad. 

So is it a (web) site or an app? On either device it can be either.

I am going to uninstall/reinstall the app on my ipad and see if that fixes the problem.It IS definately some sort of problem with my ipad because I have no trouble with this site ( or this sites app ) when I use my smartphone or Galaxy tablet,or for that matter,my Laser tablet.

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I am going to uninstall/reinstall the app on my ipad and see if that fixes the problem.It IS definately some sort of problem with my ipad because I have no trouble with this site ( or this sites app ) when I use my smartphone or Galaxy tablet,or for that matter,my Laser tablet.

Does the web version work on your ipad?

The web version works ok on my ipad.Today I did an uninstall/reinstall ( as that was the easiest option ) and it worked a treat,so all good as far as the ipad and chess.com goes.

I took screenshots of what "blandy"posted for future reference as I think that is great information to have.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I took screenshots of what "blandy"posted for future reference as I think that is great information to have.

If I were you, I'd just click the link I posted and then save it as a favourite in your browser. I can say that regardless of you now having fixed your issue, changing the DNS is a good thing to do, because the default one (for me, for my ISP) doesn't let some sites load, whereas the open source ones do. That filmsaw (guess the film) site is one example.  

Just now, blandy said:

If I were you, I'd just click the link I posted and then save it as a favourite in your browser. I can say that regardless of you now having fixed your issue, changing the DNS is a good thing to do, because the default one (for me, for my ISP) doesn't let some sites load, whereas the open source ones do. That filmsaw (guess the film) site is one example.  

Thanks a lot.Done.

Â