Films and TV Show Forum

Stevo985

Question

Hi, not so much an issue, just a polite suggestion really.

I’ve been thinking it would be good if we could have a film and TV show forum, much the same way we have a games and gaming forum. 

Currently film discussion is only in one thread, and most TV shows are the same bar the occasional lone thread for something like game of thrones. 

I know we could create separate threads but Off Topic would then get clogged up with dozens of film/tv show thread. 

A  sub forum in off topic for Movies and TV Shows seems like a logical solution imo  

Is this possible? I’d wager there would be more interest in this than there is in games and gaming (not complaining about that one, I’m a regular in there too) so the demand is there

• Like 3

6 answers to this question

On 10/02/2022 at 19:13, limpid said:

The mods have had a discussion and we don't feel that there are enough threads that anything needs doing about it. It's posters who have chosen to use a single film thread. Because we have tags now, it's easy for people to decide if they are interested.

We will continue to monitor.

Ok thanks for answering.

I'd like separate threads to discuss different movies, film topics, tv shows etc.

So I'll start creating them in Off Topic and if it's an issue I guess we'll see a subforum.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, limpid said:

This isn't a rule. We used to have separate threads and we'd merge them once they stopped being posted to. People have chosen to use a single thread.

Yeah I realise that but I think if the floodgates were opened and we started using separate threads for films then that's where you'd see Off Topic getting filled with Film threads.

I hear the activity stream suggestion. I didn't know you could do that to be fair. But I still think a subforum wouldn't go amiss.

But I understand it's easier said than done. Thanks for considering it

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Currently film discussion is only in one thread, and most TV shows are the same bar the occasional lone thread for something like game of thrones. 

This isn't a rule. We used to have separate threads and we'd merge them once they stopped being posted to. People have chosen to use a single thread.

I know we could create separate threads but Off Topic would then get clogged up with dozens of film/tv show thread. 

As long as they are tagged with the "Film & TV" tag, people can create an activity stream that excludes them if they are concerned.

A  sub forum in off topic for Movies and TV Shows seems like a logical solution imo  

Is this possible? I’d wager there would be more interest in this than there is in games and gaming (not complaining about that one, I’m a regular in there too) so the demand is there

I'll have a think and discuss with the mods. There has to be enough interest from the moderating team to ensure the new forum is being managed properly. This is really problematic because so few people report things which are against the guidelines..

• Thanks 1

The mods have had a discussion and we don't feel that there are enough threads that anything needs doing about it. It's posters who have chosen to use a single film thread. Because we have tags now, it's easy for people to decide if they are interested.

We will continue to monitor.