Giants News

kkr

Agree with you on Hagan and Brown, would rather they were not here. Would have Tyree over Hagan any day. He was great on special teams, especially at downing Feagles punts inside the 10, made the Pro Bowl because of it!

As for trading, I think Moss will be gone, unless he shows significant improvement in the first few weeks. We haven't made many draft mistakes in recent years, but he is not a 2nd rounder.

Giants' Super Bowl hero David Tyree hopes to catch on with Ravens

By Ralph Vacchiano

Daily News Sports Writer

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 4:00 AM

Related News

David Tyree, the currently unemployed hero of Super Bowl XLII, worked out for the Baltimore Ravens Tuesday.

Tyree, who was cut by the Giants on Saturday, was one of several players who worked out for Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome and team scouts, an NFL source confirmed. The Ravens have only four receivers on their 53-man roster and appear to need more, although coach John Harbaugh has said he's OK with opening the season with that number. It's likely the Ravens were just taking a look at Tyree in case they decide to add a receiver a few weeks from now.

Tyree, 29, got calls from both the Ravens and the Kansas City Chiefs just hours after his release on Saturday. Currently he has no workout scheduled for the Chiefs.

link

I hope he signs on with the Ravens, i reckon he'd see the field as a WR then adn not just special teams.

Jacobs, Albert turn up the Tweet

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

Facing Brandon Jacobs this Sunday in the season opener doesn't seem to be a daunting assignment for Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth. He posted the following yesterday on his Twitter account:

"They all fall the same. What is he, 250? I was 250 in the 10th grade."

Haynesworth currently weighs 350 pounds.

Jacobs' retort: "I was 242 in 10th grade. I was eight pounds less than him and I was running the ball."

Sponsored Links

Some consider Haynesworth the best defensive player in the league. He is certainly being paid like it. The former Titans star landed in Washington after signing a seven-year, $100 million deal that includes an NFL-record $41 million in guaranteed money.

The Giants made a play for Haynesworth. "They called my agent and had money on the table," Haynesworth said.

Asked how the Giants' offer stacked up to the Redskins, Haynesworth said "Not quite as much, but it wasn't too far away."

Once Haynesworth was gone, the Giants opened the coffers and spent $58 million in contracts for defensive tackles Chris Canty and Rocky Bernard.

The first injury report of the season was glaring for who was not on the list: Canty. The Giants must think Canty has no chance to miss the game. He reported this past Monday that his torn hamstring was feeling much better and yesterday was able to practice.

Asked about Canty's absence from the list, Tom Coughlin said, "I'll put him on there if it will make you feel better."

On the injury list and not practicing: CB Kevin Dockery (hamstring), C Adam Koets (ankle), CB Aaron Ross (hamstring) and LB Clint Sintim (groin). Ross has virtually no chance to play and would be replaced in the starting lineup by Terrell Thomas. Coughlin referred to Ross as "day-to-day." Dockery's injury is new. "Precautionary measures. . . . He is sore and we are just going to make sure it doesn't get to be any more than that," Coughlin said.

link

Albert Haynesworth kicks off smack talk by ripping Brandon Jacobs

BY Ralph Vacchiano

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, September 10th 2009, 4:00 AM

Big Albert Haynesworth, the Redskins' new $100 million defensive tackle, doesn't sound overly impressed with big Giants running back Brandon Jacobs.

"They all fall the same," Haynesworth said Wednesday. "What is he, 250? I weighed 250 when I was in the 10th grade."

For the record, Jacobs - who said he weighed 242 pounds in 10th grade - now is listed at 264 and coming off his second consecutive 1,000-yard season. Still, he now weighs in nearly 100 pounds lighter than the 6-6, 350-pound Haynesworth, the new centerpiece of Washington's defensive line.

But Jacobs didn't sound too impressed with Haynesworth, either. He said facing him on Sunday will be the "same challenge as usual," and while he's a "great player," he's beatable, too.

"He's a human being," Jacobs said. "He walks on two feet. He bleeds. He puts on pants one leg at a time. He's a great player, don't get me wrong. Probably one of the most dominant players in the NFL. But there's no reason to go in there and only think about him. They've got a whole defensive team."

Maybe so, but there's no doubt Haynesworth will command attention, especially since, as center Shaun O'Hara said, "In our eyes he was brought to the Washington Redskins for one reason: To stop our running game."

Asked about his challenges in lining up against Haynesworth on Sunday, O'Hara said "Have you seen him? He's a big son of a gun. I think he's a great player."

CONCERNS SACKED: Redskins coach Jim Zorn said former Giants QB Andre' Woodson is running the scout team this week, but Eli Manning doesn't think the Giants should change much of their offense just because Woodson knows some of the plays they run.

"You've got to worry about tricking yourself too much," Manning said. "I don't think it's something where we've got to freak out and change our whole offense."

CANTY CAN-DO: DT Chris Canty (hamstring) is not on the injury report, even though his full practice yesterday was only his second since Aug. 7. "I don't know why you guys would be surprised," Canty said. "I'm preparing to play." ... Cornerbacks Aaron Ross (hamstring) and Kevin Dockery (hamstring) were both out yesterday. Dockery's absence was "precautionary" according to Tom Coughlin. Ross, who hasn't practiced in two weeks, is "day to day," but CB Terrell Thomas has been told he will start on Sunday.

link

So Hayensworth thinks he can come into the divisuion and start slinging shit!?

The Ravens were the #1 run stopping team in the NFL last season and the Giants put over 200 yards up on them. Jacobs only played one quarter and ran for 70 something yards and 2TD's.

I hope he flattens that fat blob Haynesworth Sunday and stomps all over the Redskins D like last seasons opener, i need to add more people to this:

27hof.jpg

Good news about Canty though although i wouldn't start him, rotate him in and out throughout the game.

Bad news Ross wont start but i like TT so be interesting to see what he can do.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Really looking forward to tomorrow nights game, thankfully it's live on Sky Sports! Would like to see Eli put up some numbers, getting sick of all my none-Giants supporting friends going on and on about how he's got no-one to throw to.

Ross and Canty are out this Sunday which is a bummer. Both starting safeties are banged up also but hopefully they play with K-Dock back also and id be happy about the starting D going into the game.

headbutt-1.gif

Â