Giants News

kkr

Eli > JPP > Cruz > Nicks in that order for me.  If i had to choose between Cruz or Nicks it would be Cruz as he stays healthy.  We have to keep both though as we have somewhere between 5-10 years left of Eli and that is our window to win.

Signing those guys could result in us having over a third of our cap into four players.  For those guys though its worth it.  We had plenty of guys on big contracts the past few years also so its doable.

I think we will see this year a lot of teams are parting ways with players on big contracts and at certain positions there is a long list of quality players who all wont be getting paid.  Players will be dissappointed with not getting the type of money they thought was possible and there will be bargains to be had.  This is where we can pad our Roster out with Cullen Jenkins type signings to compliment the younger stars like Cruz, Nicks, JPP and of course Eli.

Cruz has been tendered at first round level and with Seattle coughing up a 1,7 and mid round pick next year for Percy Harvin and all his baggage that scares me!  That being said i think Cruz is smart and wants to stay in New York area as he lives in NJ wont come close to earning as much as he does/can in NYC from additional sponserships, endorsements, appearences etc etc.  He has now changed agents and i think thats a good thing as its te guy who represents Eli.

20:00 tonight Free Agency starts!

Brown and Brown both tendered at second round level.  We now have less that $2m in cap space!  Can see Diehl getting cut and restructures for the likes of Rolle, EIi and Tuck coming.

Go go go go go!  15 minutes in and the Giants have signed Aaron Ross back from the Jags, woooo!

Bennett has **** off to the Bears though.  Eli and the Giants gave him the platform to cash in, **** him.

How have I not seen this topic?

Tynes is on the way out. Picked up Josh Brown as his replacement and apparently showing interest in LB Jasper Brinkley from the Vikings.

Edited by adz.villa

Welcome!

Genuinely disappointed that we are moving on from Tynes. Big part of Giants lore leaving there.

Dave Tolleffson has been released by the Raiders so could do an Aaron Ross and come back home a year later. Solid depth if he does and we are rumoured to be interested.

Darrius Heyward Bey has also been cut and he was top of the Giants WR draft board the year we got Nicks. Talk was that we would have traded up to get him had he lasted past 15. Instead we got Nicks much later so that worked out well. That said id bring him in now as long as he was reasonably cheap.

That Jasper Brinkley any good? Never heard of him.

Welker could be signing with Denver. Squeaky bum time as far as the Cruz situation goes.

I have no idea on Brinkley, but I've read he's a big hitter and solid against the run, which is what we need. If we can get him on a cheap deal and maybe draft in someone like Te'o or Ogletree if they're still around at 19 (doubtful really) then we should be looking alright depth wise there.

I still have no real qualms about Cruz leaving. Just a gut feeling.

EDIT: Just read that the Vikes want Cruz to replace Harvin. They have an extra first round pick spare and can afford to give him more than we would be offering him. Don't like the sound of that at all...

Edited by adz.villa

I still dont think he would leave even if they offered more money. Eli for Ponder? New York market for Minnesota? Coughlin for Frazier?

New York is the best place for him both to enhance his bank balance and reputation.

The Vikings dont worry me but the PATs do especially after clearing money with the new Brady deal and now losing Welker!

Karlos Dansby's Dad has listed us, Baltimore and the Falcons as potential landing spots for his son.

We were in on him last time when he went to Miami but it was him or Rolle and we went with Rolle. He had 130 tackles and 9 pass defenses last year so hopefully we can get him in on a cheap deal.

Welker has moved to the Broncos and been replaced with Amendola, leaving the Rams needing a new receiver. IF Cruz leaves it'll be either to St. Louis or Minnesota imo. 

I like the sound of Dansby. Would be nice if we could get him on a reasonable deal.

Yep, teams filling gaps Cruz could fill. Jennings makes more sense for them as they wouldn't have to sacrifice a first round pick.

David Diehl has restructured his deal, though the specifics haven't been mentioned yet as far as I can see.

S Ryan Mundy is apparently close to sealing a deal with us as well. Don't know a lot about him, other than that he was Polamalu's backup at Pittsburgh and made five starts last season.

Cruz would be a mug to leave NYC, Eli Manning, Tom Coughlin and the Giants organisation for the sake of a few extra $$$ in the contract with St Louis of Minnesota.

Rivers is coming back, if he can stay healthy he is good.

Rumoured to be intrested in Justin Durant.

Aaron Ross signing for vet min is confirmed, sweet!

MG reports no Diehl pay cut yet. Hopefully we lowball him and he walks. If we could somehow get Eric Winston or Sebastian Vollmer id be very happy.

Another beat writer speculates that Tom Condon, agent for Eli and Cruz is working on new deals for both that would reduce Eli's cap number similar to the Brady deal.

Â