Call of Duty:Vanguard

theunderstudy

Had a quick scan for a topic explicitly on this as we had the Warzone one.... interested to know what people think of Vanguard that have it.

Myself I'm really enjoying playing Multiplayer on it.

Campaign: fun largely, Midway seemed like a massively missed opportunity. I played a lot of Heroes of the Pacific when I was younger and I was hoping for something similar. Also I'd like more missions as the Vanguard team. You only play two missions as the team as a whole. Felt like the characters were good and worked well together... and the whole campaign is the characters solo. Would defo love some more missions as the foursome. 

Zombies feels massively underdeveloped at the moment. One of the big pluses for me on Cold War was the Outbreak Zombies mode was good for levelling weapons and helped set a narrative throughout with all the in game events for it. In Der Anfang it feels like you can do a run of missions and then exfil and that's it. In fact at level 10+ for me it barely feels like your weapons do serious damage to the zombies unless it's a crit attack. The pieces for a good zombies mode are there but it feels like more progression is needed and more serious updates to the weapon damage. 

Multiplayer is the making of the game. I've had loads of fun playing MP as the destructible environment of the buildings makes it interesting, all of the maps bar two I hate (Berlin and Sub Pens) are fun to play on and the game has the three modes (Tactical for Slower, Assault for Regular and Blitz for Frantic) where you can choose if you want a better game speed. Unfortunately the weapon levelling is tediously slow. Havent got round to camo challenges much but seems like longshots on SMGs and Shotguns and Handguns are a thing... hooray 🙄 

Couple of guns seem pretty broken right now so expecting a fix pre-integration with Warzone... Combat Shotgun in particular is apparently a sniper when ADSing and as devastating as the R-9 dragons breath was in Warzone. 

Be interested to hear from others about the game and what improvements youd like to see 

Actually really like the way Vanguard feels to play, I like the option of combat pacing (even if it does ignore my choice most of the time), I like most of the maps I've played, but my word is the game an absolute mess right now. Weapon balance is all over the place, the spawns are terrible, and there are tonnes of bugs. I can't help but feel they're sat on a great game that they've potentially made unmanageable by introducing copious amounts of attachments that they'll never be able to balance properly. Patrol has the potential to be a good addition to the game but the mobile capture point seems to wreak even more havoc with the spawns.

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I have just bought Cold War, it will fill in until Battlefield either improves or the price drops.

I've just traded it! 

Its the most time I've spent on CoD in years, decent game with the right multiplayer progress system for me

Outbreak solo is great if you want to level up weapons but don't play normal online zombies 

25 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Well I am unable to get Cold War to install the update, keep getting error codes and then iI have to reinstall the game 

I think It's going back, wasted hours trying to get it working

I thought it was just me

Dodgy as ****, taded it last week 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought it was just me

Dodgy as ****, taded it last week 

I could understand it on a PC with all the variables that entails.but a console should be straightforward. Getting help from the publishers is a joke. Try this and this and if that doesn't work your console is faulty so contact Sony............crap.

Â