Player Match Ratings: A convincing and extremely comfortable win!

John

I think most of those marks are generous, to be honest John. Most of the payers were a way off what they're capable of, IMO.

Targett, Marvellous and Traore were all very good and 7 or 8 out of 10. But I thought on Luiz, Jack & Ross Barclay that they were ordinary by their normal high standards - sort of 6 out of 10 for flashes of talent and excellence, but if the oppo had been half decent they'd have needed to up their games a good deal.

Still, it's nice to win comfortably.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blandy said:

I think most of those marks are generous, to be honest John. Most of the payers were a way off what they're capable of, IMO.

Targett, Marvellous and Traore were all very good and 7 or 8 out of 10. But I thought on Luiz, Jack & Ross Barclay that they were ordinary by their normal high standards - sort of 6 out of 10 for flashes of talent and excellence, but if the oppo had been half decent they'd have needed to up their games a good deal.

Still, it's nice to win comfortably.

I do agree with points that you have made. The key issue for me is, should players be marked lower because we have grown accustomed to them consistently performing at a higher than average level? I try not to, it is the same with players that are not quite at their level, should their markings reflect a lower expectation? I try to measure each marking equally and use the wording to indicate whether their performances were clearly above or below, what they usually give. In the same way, the strength or otherwise of the opposition, is a factor but a player's marking, would not necessarily always reflect that, given that to an extent, a really good performance can be given whatever the opposition.

Thanks very much for taking the time to make your points, which I will gladly take onboard. I agree that I gave the odd 7 where the choice was between that and a 6 for example and may have been on the generous, rather than on the mean side on this occasion. I agree, it is a fine thing to run out comfortable winners.:cheers:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Mings should definitely have a higher rating than konsa. Mings cleaned up after a konsa mistake like 4 times. 

It is a matter of opinions and your opinion is equally as valid as my own. I viewed it differently and thought Konsa shaded it last night, although they both did very well and handled their opponents comfortably. Thanks for taking the time to read this and give your opinion. 👍

14 hours ago, blandy said:

Don’t get me wrong John, it’s totally subjective, my thoughts, your thoughts...I like reading how you saw it.

No worries, I hadn't. That is how I see it too. I think that we all have our own views and opinions on various topics (including player ratings).They won't always be an exact match, but more often than not they won't be too far apart either. I enjoy reading your posts too Blandy. 👍 

• Thanks 1

Â