Head of Technical & Player Development - Nick Haycock

TrentVilla

As with all these kinds of appointments or the signing of under 18’s for those youth teams it’s all a bit meh until you see the products come out of it after a few years. 
We can only judge then, get excited then, for the minute on the youth side I am just happy it is being paid attention to and they feel they are getting the best people they can in.

From his Twitter account:

"After 6 years at the Premier League I am moving on. I will be starting on Dec 1st at Aston Villa FC as the Head of Technical and Player Development. A fantastic football club back on the up. Really looking forward to help build something special with a great group of people."

Previously at West Ham and Manchester City, who both have a good youth set-up. This looks like another positive move by the club. 👍

• Like 3

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

As with all these kinds of appointments or the signing of under 18’s for those youth teams it’s all a bit meh until you see the products come out of it after a few years. 
We can only judge then, get excited then, for the minute on the youth side I am just happy it is being paid attention to and they feel they are getting the best people they can in.

I agree you can’t judge until a few years down the line however I don’t agree that appointments like this or the youth signings only warrant that sort of response.

It is indicative of a commitment from the owners to more than just our immediate future, they are committed to investment in the long term development of players and the club. That is significant in itself.

I also think you can look at the quality of the individuals being appointed and much like the others in recent months this looks a good one.

• Like 4

The exciting thing is the 2 are seemingly going hand and hand, we have the talent in our academy and they've invested in the staff to bring them through

Its not like we have the footballers but not the staff or vice versa, it's lining up to be the perfect storm

If none of these lads break through then something has gone seriously wrong... As it is we're potentially looking at 4 or 5 first tamers and a couple of England players 

Â