Player Match Ratings: One point nearer to safety!

John

Harsh on Nyland. He had control, but Davis was baking towards goal when he should have been pushing forward and protecting Nyland, since Nyland was catching the ball.

1 hour ago, momo said:

Harsh on Nyland. He had control, but Davis was baking towards goal when he should have been pushing forward and protecting Nyland, since Nyland was catching the ball.

He completely missed his catch and that's just not good enough from a PL keeper. The free kick should have been relatively easy to collect, but he really made a hash of it, I'm afraid.  It also looked to me, that he didn't have the ball under his complete control as he landed, I do agree that Davis put paid to any chance that he might otherwise, have had of keeping the ball on the right side of the line, but it was his initial error that created something out of nothing for them. He is a decent shot stopper, but for me he does on occasion, have problems with crosses. Our defence needs to have confidence in our keeper and our keeper needs to have confidence in himself. I don't think that will currently be the case.

I agree that might seem harsh and I hope, if he continues to start, that my concerns will prove unfounded, but in our situation, we don't want to be making too many unforced errors. Many thanks for giving your opinion, on both the incident and my player rating. 👍 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, momo said:

Nyland fumbled the catch. That was the problem. It should have been a simple clean catch. So many keepers and only Heaton I would trust, and he is injured.

7 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Nyland fumbled the catch. That was the problem. It should have been a simple clean catch. So many keepers and only Heaton I would trust, and he is injured.

He caught it and that's the end of the story. Davis would have backed into him anyway, because he didn't respect the situation. This stuff happens, we learn and move on :)

Â