Investing - the stock market and more

KenjiOgiwara

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Never used to give a shit about it but then thought bloody hell I’ve got no retirement plan or pension . Was always set in my mind that I could save money in bank for retirement but I just don’t think that would cover it and is a negative way of doing things . 

It’s a chore, but I started taking it seriously when I turned 30 and now I’m so glad I’m in a position where I won’t have to suddenly start dramatically scaling up my savings in my 40s and 50s to be able to survive retirement. Plus once you get used to X% of your income going straight into savings/investments you don’t really miss the money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It’s a chore, but I started taking it seriously when I turned 30 and now I’m so glad I’m in a position where I won’t have to suddenly start dramatically scaling up my savings in my 40s and 50s to be able to survive retirement. Plus once you get used to X% of your income going straight into savings/investments you don’t really miss the money.

I started at 37 . That’s the way I look at it the money being nested away I don’t miss. Once you get a routine and you know what’s what you’re ok . I prefer set it and forget it types of investing. I get what you said about having a bit of fun with a few quid on stocks to see what lands , but It’s not for me. 

• 3 weeks later...

worlds smallest violins at the  ready 

I took a  punt on a firm called IGAS a few years ago  ... in Feb my investment was down 78%

I cashed out yesterday with a profit of 98.06% , I'd set a target price of 65p  and it touched 67p yesterday  , so stuck to my " rules " and cashed out 

this morning , it jumped another 17%   ... serves me right for looking  

Â