Sicily

bickster

It has been decreed by the holiday organisers of the family that we're off to Sicily in a couple of weeks time. 

Still in the planning stages so looking for any advice really, we flying into Palermo and out of Catania 10 days later

My list of things to do is currently very short: Go up Etna

So any advice, tips or recommendations will be gratefully received

Used to go there to a military base.

Taormina is really nice and good for a spot of gentle exercise - it's a steep ol' hill. See if you can find the bar with all the carved um, todgers..

Catania is (was) a hole, and a bit "criminally". Corrupt Police. Some nice beaches, good food, good weather, you'll like it I reckon.

• Thanks 1

Sicily is a lovely place to visit.  I went there as part of a "battlefield tour" organised with work.  Do try and experience little restaurants away from the main cities - the places we stopped by kept on bringing out little tasters, all of which were delicious.  All of the little towns in the hills too can have spectacular views (with a lot of history and full of quaint squares serving proper coffee).  I recommend if you can to visit Messina for the playing of Ave Maria - all of the bits and bobs changing in the astronomical clock whilst the square is filled with music is quite uplifting whilst looking at the "toe" of Italy :).  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

Â