Date formatting

villa4europe

Question

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

not picking on bickster...

image.png.8c5cd658bc5b2061c561b2e4dd3cbe4e.png

when did that date format happen :angry::angry::angry:

edit: before some smart ass says 25th March...

There hasn't been a change. Date formatting is picked up from your browser / OS settings.

Stop pretending you're American :)

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's changed for me, too. I noticed it yesterday (which probably means it changed months ago, such are my powers of observation, but it has changed).

From the post below yours:

Screenshot_20180327_185952.png

There is nowhere I can change this, it comes from a setting on your browser. Do you have any browser extensions installed?

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, limpid said:

From the post below yours:

Screenshot_20180327_185952.png

There is nowhere I can change this, it comes from a setting on your browser. Do you have any browser extensions installed?

Thanks Simon. It's weird, the browser I use normally has almost no extensions fitted, and the system prefs are for UK style dates. But your right, if I change to Firefox, then it comes out the right way round, so something's changed in my normal browser somewhere.

Screen Shot 3.JPG

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Thanks Simon. It's weird, the browser I use normally has almost no extensions fitted, and the system prefs are for UK style dates. But your right, if I change to Firefox, then it comes out the right way round, so something's changed in my normal browser somewhere.

Odd indeed. I'll split these posts out into Site Issues so that people can find the fix if we do :) 

20 minutes ago, limpid said:

Odd indeed. I'll split these posts out into Site Issues so that people can find the fix if we do :) 

Fixed it. On Mac, system prefs, language & Region and then drag "English (U.K.)" to the top of the list (or make it the only one in the list) and reboot, then Safari behaves as per that setting.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Screen Shot.jpg

• Like 1