NFL Expansion?

Xela

More of a speculative question than anything.

Do we think the NFL will expand? Or is the current format of 32 teams in 8 divisions of 4 perfect? 

As a league it has constantly expanded over the years but has been stuck at 32 for a while. If it expanded would it be just domestically or internationally (UK, Canada, Mexico)

What cities in the States are big enough to warrant a franchise? For years LA was used as the boogeyman as the place where you could be relocated to. Where does it leave cities like St Louis, San Diego and Oakland (in a couple of years). Will they ever get teams back. How about places like San Antonio, Portland or Memphis. Could they support a team, or will it cities like Toronto, Mexico City or London that will be next to have  a team. 

Toronto is CFL turf. St. Louis has been burned twice so I don't think there's an appetite there for the NFL again yet. Memphis is Titans country. Cowboys rule Texas outside Houston. Oakland won't accept a team not called the Raiders. Portland is not a priority for the league. So London and Mexico City would be further up the list then those cities.

I think they'll let a team or two want to move before they expand the number of teams.

Other than Jacksonville, I can't think of another team that's been discussed as potentially being moved..

So if Jax were to move, where to?

My money is on Mexico City.

Edited by maqroll

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Other than Jacksonville, I can't think of another team that's been discussed as potentially being moved..

So if Jax were to move, where to?

My money is on Mexico City.

I think there was talk of Buffalo a few years back but that seems to have died down now. 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Has the issue been settled and they're not in jeopardy of a move?

That's correct.

The Stone Roses said they'd never get back together either, but as it stands a move has not been on the cards for some time now.

• Like 1

Â