ECHO

Tegis

*Shameless plug alert*

Buy it here!!!!!!

It's a upcoming game made by my nephew and his team (all 8 of them). They are an independent geme-dev and this is their first release. Nephew has done all the graphic design on this and hopefully it's a good one. Support them if you can.

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 3

This looks really impressive. I love the whole "learning" mechanic that actually seems simple enough in its implementation that it'll actually work in real-time. 

I will definitely be checking this out as it looks very very interesting.

• Like 1

I played a game on the PS1 with a very similar concept to this.

It was an indy game and it was on a much smaller, simpler scale.

You played as a snail in a simple 2D platformer. But after a set period time would reset. You'd still be where you are but you left echos behind that would do exactly what you did the previous time. 

You had to use the echos to stand on switches for you and that sort of thing. If you ran into them you'd die, and by the end of a level you'd have like a dozen echos running around the map.

It was a brilliant concept so this looks really interesting to see a similar concept but on a much more complex and interesting platform.

Edit: here it is. It was called "Time Slip"

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I played a game on the PS1 with a very similar concept to this.

It was an indy game and it was on a much smaller, simpler scale.

You played as a snail in a simple 2D platformer. But after a set period time would reset. You'd still be where you are but you left echos behind that would do exactly what you did the previous time. 

You had to use the echos to stand on switches for you and that sort of thing. If you ran into them you'd die, and by the end of a level you'd have like a dozen echos running around the map.

It was a brilliant concept so this looks really interesting to see a similar concept but on a much more complex and interesting platform.

Edit: here it is. It was called "Time Slip"

Holy crap, I remember that! Came on an OPSM disk I think??

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, it did.

There were a few games I loved from that, one game with little helicopters you had to manage/fly... and fight friends on 2d maps. One 'tomb' raider 2d game. So good.

• 1 month later...
Â