Cryptocurrency

LoughboroughLion

Few guys at work started chatting about cryptocurrencies a few weeks back and I've been filling a lot of hours recently reading up on then.

All very interesting stuff and I think I'll take the plunge and purchase a few different coins soon - wondered whether anyone else has been sucked into it? 

I've kicked myself a couple of times over Bitcoin. I looked at it years ago, not long after it had started to become a 'thing' online and way before they were worth the sort of dough they are now. 

I signed up and got a Ripple wallet 3/4 years ago when they came out and I've got the details somewhere, but the XRP thing didn't seem to be taking off like Bitcoin, although Ripple seem to be doing well with their payment system so I might have to have another look into it. 

There must be loads of people who mined BC, or acquired some back in the day and can't get to them now. I remember a story about a bloke who'd got £2m worth on a PC and didn't realise. Binned it and then spent some serious time trying to find it in his local landfill! 

• Like 1

How do you convert it to real money? or is it only spendable online on sites that accept them?

Stuff like this just boggles my mind. Can't get my head around it.