Senior players confirmed in and out this pre-season

BOF

I know what you are saying LJ but that's not what I'm trying to achieve with this list. It is only transfer dealings. It is not internal promotions. And of the transfer dealings, it is only those which will affect the first team. Cooke did not affect the first team because he was never in it. Ridgewell clearly would affect the first team. In the same way that if we sign some 15 year old Finnish kid, he wont be going into this list because he doesn't affect the senior squad. I may refer to youth in-coming in a seperate "FYI" list but not the main one.

here

Currently, only us and Spurs stand on net players in, but that's probably because Drobny and Cole have not been accounted for yet. It's a bit incomplete - some sides have a bit more detail than others, and also, things are in a bit of limbo currently. I'm not sure when contracts run out - I was told it was this month but it might be the start of July.

According to that list Fulham weren't satisfied with releasing Sean Doherty once, so they released him a second time.

Missed out Steven Cooke too.

Pompey fans must be pretty pissed off losing Yakubu, Berger, Hislop and Stone, they've all done well for pompey over the past few years.

I didn't realise Sunderland sold Stewart despite him being top scorer, can't figure that one out. I see Bridges is on the market again, hopefully we don't get linked with him.

Oh and Boro are up on players too.

Hang on, I dont think Cole and Drogby should be counted. They were never our players.

If you are counting them, then you should count Cahill as he returned from loan and DOL said he will make a decision in pre-season about whether we keep him in our squad or loan him out again.

Hitz has gone for nothing. There will be no tribunal payment.

Net:

2 in (Hughes and Berger)

1 out (Hitz)

This is the last time I'll explain what I'm trying to achieve here.

I am including Cole and Drobny because last season they were part of our senior set-up. They were brought in to do a job for the senior team and although they both had differing levels of success, they were both ours last season and now they are gone. Our first team as a result, is now 2 players down on last season's numbers.

Cahill is our player - and in addition, he is our junior player. He has never been a part of our senior setup, and to this day he still is not. Even if he becomes a senior player next season, he is only a promotion - not a transfer.

I am only concerned with what is happening to our senior team this summer compared to what our senior team was like last season.

The end.

It soes seem simple. Were the players available for selection?

If the club registered them with the FA as being available, and with a squad number, they were available for selection. Cole was available for selection, and now isn't. Ditto Drobny. If Cooke had a number and was available and registered, then his leaving the squad leaves a further place to be filled. The fact that the manager didn't fancy him, is not a reason to exclude him. It's also putting a subjective value into an entirely mechanical count.

without wanting to add more work and grief bof, personally i think ALL bodies incoming or out should be counted...

troest, cooke etc were all potential players so the fact that they are now gone means they arent available in the future...

and as we are so relient on youth, i think we should count them... but obviously, just put a mark next to them simply to show they were youth players...

thats my thoughts on the matter anyway...

without wanting to add more work and grief bof, personally i think ALL bodies incoming or out should be counted...

Do we know all the names of every young player that comes into the club at that age?

While I agree with the sentiment, I think it'll be unworkable and would include a lot of players that probably wouldn't have made it - something like 9 youngsters released already, iirc - Ashley Edkins et al.

• 2 weeks later...