Kevin Phillips CF Southampton �1m
Milan Baros CF Liverpool �6.5m
Wilfred Bouma CB/LB PSV �3.5m
Eirik Bakke CM/RM Leeds Utd Loan

SENIOR PLAYERS OUT

Name Pos Club Cost

Thomas Hitzlsperger CM VfB Stuttgart TBC
Carlton Cole CF Chelsea Loan exp.
Vaclav Drobny CB/LB Strasbourg Loan exp.
Stefan Moore CF Q.P.R. Free
Darius Vassell CF Man City �2m

NET SPEND - �11.25m
[/code]

I'm not detailing the likes of Cooke & Troest as it will not reflect properly on whether the strength of the first team squad has increased or not over the summer.

Brian - as Drobny had a squad number last year shouldn't he be included? Maybe that shoudl be the criteria for inclusion, a valid squad number from the last match programme?

Brian - as Drobny had a squad number last year shouldn't he be included? Maybe that shoudl be the criteria for inclusion, a valid squad number from the last match programme?

I'd agree with that Drat.

I'd agree with that Drat.

If thats the case then surely any youngster given a first team sqaud number this year (such as Cahill, Agbonlahor) should be included in the additions part at a cost of 0. Then it will be a fairer reflection in the net gain or loss of players over the summer.

No no no.

This isn't a difficult concept.

Cahill and Agbonlahor are not and never have been senior players in our squad. If they become senior through the course of the season then they are still not new signings. They can not appear on here because we already own them !

At no point last year was Cooke ever regarded as a senior player other than getting a token jersey as cover for a pathetically fragile squad. Therefore his leaving has no impact on the senior squad strength.

Drobny on the other hand, was a loan signing specifically to shore up our defence. It didn't work out for him but he was still a senior player brought in as cover.

I dont see that. Only players new to the club or those leaving that had squad numbers should be the criteria. That would discount my statement on Cooke on another thread but so be it. In the interests of fairness it should be those LEAVING the club that had squad numbers and those ARRIVING at the the club.

If thats the case then surely any youngster given a first team sqaud number this year (such as Cahill, Agbonlahor) should be included in the additions part at a cost of 0. Then it will be a fairer reflection in the net gain or loss of players over the summer.

Do they have shirt numbers?

we don't know yet do we..... I expect not as DOL wants Cahill to go on loan for another year and Gabi is thought of as requiring further reserve experience. Possibly another for a loan...

Then by the same token your accepting that if Luke Moore or Ridgewell left in the summer then they wouldnt count as senior players, as DOL doesnt regard them as that.

No because they are current first team players with squad numbers

I agree that any player who had a squad number last year was a senior player, therfore any youngster given a squad number this year for the first time can then be counted as a senior player as DOL now regards them as one.

Then by the same token your accepting that if Luke Moore or Ridgewell left in the summer then they wouldnt count as senior players, as DOL doesnt regard them as that.

That's a ridiculous comparison LJ. Ridge and Moore played extensively through last season. Cooke never got on the pitch.

and as I said. Anyone being promoted from the youths or reserves is exactly that - a promotion - not a new signing.

That's a ridiculous comparison LJ. Ridge and Moore played extensively through last season. Cooke never got on the pitch.

Depends on your definition of senior, DOL had his and that wouldnt include LMoore or Ridge, you have your as squad numbers which i agree with, but then if you see a squad number as the definition of a senior player then any youth given one has to be then classed as a senior player. Im only sayin this as everyone seems interested in the net gain of the squad, by having promoted youths who DOL now sees as senior players it means the net gain is bigger and is more reflective of the squad for the new season.