Keep getting logged out

Demitri_C

Question

11 answers to this question

Anyway, every time im logging in using a different device I find that ive been logged out and have to enter my credentials again, been happening for a few weeks now. Didn't use to do this before but getting annoying

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Anyway, every time im logging in using a different device I find that ive been logged out and have to enter my credentials again, been happening for a few weeks now. Didn't use to do this before but getting annoying

Please read the red ink at the top of the forum. Which browsers have you tried on which operating systems?

Did clearing cookies and cache fix the problem?

I've accessed from four different devices today and not had to log in again so I don't think it is a problem with the whole site.

4 hours ago, limpid said:

@blandy how do you authenticate? Google / facebook / twitter or are you still using username and password?

It's just done it again on the windows 7 + chrome laptop. I'm not fussed about it, logging back in isn't exactly a problem. Oh and I fogot to say it doesn't seem to be related to biscuits.

I type my user name in the little box and a password (unique to this site) in the other little box.

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's just done it again on the windows 7 + chrome laptop. I'm not fussed about it, logging back in isn't exactly a problem. Oh and I fogot to say it doesn't seem to be related to biscuits.

I type my user name in the little box and a password (unique to this site) in the other little box.

I strongly recommend you upgrade to two factor if you aren't going to use your google, FB or twitter two factor logins. You work in IT - you know username and password is not secure :)

We can revisit after the site upgrade.

Just now, limpid said:

I strongly recommend you upgrade to two factor if you aren't going to use your google, FB or twitter two factor logins. You work in IT - you know username and password is not secure :)

We can revisit after the site upgrade.

How very dare you, sir! I do not work in IT. I just have to use the ruddy stuff.

I might try 2FA via twitter, but it's a bit of a pain, and I don't particularly like letting twitter control other things.

Just now, blandy said:

How very dare you, sir! I do not work in IT. I just have to use the ruddy stuff.

I might try 2FA via twitter, but it's a bit of a pain, and I don't particularly like letting twitter control other things.

To be fair, what they make you use is barely IT :)

There isn't any control, just identity. It's (much) better to have a few trusted identity providers than a million passwords (which you can't trust) all over the web.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

To be fair, what they make you use is barely IT :)

There isn't any control, just identity. It's (much) better to have a few trusted identity providers than a million passwords (which you can't trust) all over the web.

No sh!t sherlock.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, limpid said:

Please read the red ink at the top of the forum. Which browsers have you tried on which operating systems?

Did clearing cookies and cache fix the problem?

I've accessed from four different devices today and not had to log in again so I don't think it is a problem with the whole site.

Win 7 desktop, Windows 10 laptop, Windows 7 Laptop, Windows 7 professional desktop at work, Windows 10 tablet, Android phone and iPad

No matter which I use, even if switching between one to the other directly it always asks me to log in. I use username password registered with VillaTalk and not any social media account. 

Havent cleared cache as it seemed obvious wasnt a cahce problem with as many devices as I use.

EDIT - just cleared the cache on chrome using laptop win7.. visited villatalk on my phone (on which I logged in this morning) and it still asks me to log in again, so hasnt resolved he problem. 

Edited by Junxs
16 minutes ago, Junxs said:

EDIT - just cleared the cache on chrome using laptop win7.. visited villatalk on my phone (on which I logged in this morning) and it still asks me to log in again, so hasnt resolved he problem. 

You have to clear cookies and cache on all devices. If there was a problem causing something to be wrong with the cookies the site created, or bad content was cached then you might have this on all your devices.

Â