Pubs near the ground/town?

One For The Road

Just wondered if anyone knows anywhere safe for us to drink pre/post match. I've not been up there since the 3-0 win in 2005 (Bowyer and Dyer's fighting day!).

We are gonna stay in a hotel and go out on the town on the night but is there anywhere to drink before hand for away fans?

There's usually a meet of North East based fans in the Town Wall pub, on Pink Lane (just over the road from the central train station, on the way to St James'). I always use The Forth, when I head to the Toon, which is right next to it. You'll get no hassle at all in there, mind I'd be surprised if you do anywhere. Newcastle is a cracking drinking city, so there's plenty for all tastes.

• Like 1

I'm a local and you will be fine anywhere which isn't right next to the stadium. As someone suggested - the Forth and the Town Wall are good.

Look out for us in the away end - we are the Villa fans with Geordie accents that always get the funny looks in the away end at Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

I'm a local and you will be fine anywhere which isn't right next to the stadium. As someone suggested - the Forth and the Town Wall are good.

Look out for us in the away end - we are the Villa fans with Geordie accents that always get the funny looks in the away end at Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough!

just out of interest whats a geordie doing supporting villa?

17 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

just out of interest whats a geordie doing supporting villa?

Good question.....

I used to spend alot of time in Walsall when I was a kid with family down there (my uncle and cousins), and my uncle is a big Villa fan, so he used to take us along to Villa games in the late 80s and early 90s, and that was it! My earliest football memory is Tony Daley running down the wing at Villa Park.

Also though, the thing about Newcastle fans being loyal through thick and thin is a bit of a myth. When I was at school, and Newcastle were outside the top flight, all the kids I knew supported Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton etc. Then Kevin Keegan arrived and suddenly everyone had always supported Newcastle!

I stuck with Villa for my sins....its in my blood now....

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 1

Â