VT NFL Fantasy league preview #2 - RB's

StefanAVFC

Well, well, well. In #1 those with Luck and Rodgers came out on top. Now we're adding RB's to the equation. I'm going to be using the two RB slots to judge, using the projected points as a guideline as your starting two. Current standings are as follows.

15hzber.png

Without further ado, here's the standings for starting RB pairs.

London Gnats (Yeldon/Blount), The Brown Stuff (Murray/Murray), Naughty Finers (Forsett/Martin), Rodney's Trotters (Hill/Hyde), Punters Unanimous (Spiller/McCoy), this is my year (Charles/Jennings), Hells Bells (Lynch/Gore), Playbook of Eli (Miller/Ellington), Asgard Giants (Forte/Morris), Camp Green Lake (Ingram/Abdullah), Lockett like its hot (Bell/Freeman), It Ertz when Eifert (Peterson/Foster/Stewart), rhycartwright_avfc (Anderson/Crowell), Fashanu Awoogas (Lacy/Gordon)

#14 Camp Green Lake (QB position #10) - Ingram/Abdullah

Oh CGL. Two RB2's in a league where RB's are your biggest weapon. I wish I could put you higher, I do.

#13 London Gnats (QB position #1) - Yeldon/Blount

Quite a fall from grace for the absolutely stacked at QB Gnats. To be honest, his RB options are average. Neither are stand out RB1's but one thing I will say is that the Gnats have depth to bring in plenty of options. Watch out for Blount on goal lines but he won't rack up the yardage and who knows what the Jags will do. File under 'underwhelming'. It's what you get for spending draft picks elsewhere.

#12 this is my year (QB ranking #6) -  Charles/Jennings

Jamaal Charles does what he does. He will continue to rack up the points for the umpteenth year in a row. However, the low ranking for 'this is my year' comes from his partner. Jennings isn't 1) a reliable option 2) even the standout #1 RB on the Giants roster. He's listed as #1 on the roster, but there's whispers that it could be a RB by committee situation. This will leave 'this is my year' too reliant on Charles and if he goes down, it's all over.

#11 The Playbook of Eli (QB ranking #8) - Miller/Ellington

I'm going to start with Ellington on this. Because he's the reason Eli are so low. I firmly believe that he'll end the end behind David Johnson. The rookie is talented. Add to the equation Chris Johnson and Ellington coming off a 20 touch a game season last year and you've got a recipe for breakdown. Miller is a solid RB1 in both the rushing and receiving game.

#10 Naughty Finers (QB ranking #3) - Forsett/Martin

Having such amazing depth at QB has come at a cost for Andy. Two RB's, both good but neither elite. I question which will breakout and score the points he'll need. I have Forsett as a premier RB2 with Martin below that. In a 14 team league, it can be hard to get talent across the board but Andy is consistent. I like that. Look out for plenty of touches with Forsett but he lacks the explosiveness of a top end RB. Martin is consistent without being mind blowing.

#9 Lockett like its hot (QB ranking #11) - Freeman/Bernard

So low again. But I struggle to put myself any higher even with Bell. Going into games 1+2, my RB corp is Freeman and Bernard. Freeman is an okay RB2 option but Bernard is firmly below Hill in the depth chart. Once Bell comes back, I'll be fine as he's an elite RB1 but I need Freeman to have a big season if I'm going to breakout of mid table mediocrity.

#8 The Brown Stuff (QB ranking #2) - Murray/Murray

Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray Murray (I'm intrigued to see Murray NOT behind an elite O-line)

#7 Punters Unanimous (QB ranking #5) - Spiller/McCoy

The picture of consistency is our veteran drafter. Scoring highly in both QB and RB so far. Shady is Shady. He's in an entirely new offense but he'll still do what he does. That Bills team will be exciting to watch this year. With Ingram breathing now his neck, Spiller can't afford to not be great. I'm not worried about him. Expect him to break out now the Saints have lost their main weapon in Graham.

#6 Asgard Giants (QB ranking #9) - Forte/Morris

Solid RB1. Check. Solid RB2. Check. Asgard Giants are a very respectable #6 in the RB standings. Forte is a weapon on the goal line, in the air; everywhere. Morris will get touches, especially with the QB pantomime that is Washington. However, keeping this duo down at #6 is the Washington O line. Morris will have to work hard to break out and score the points he's expected to.

#5 Rodney's Trotters (QB ranking #4) - Hill/Hyde

**** you Ryan. Strong at QB. Strong at RB. Hill and Hyde is a dynamic duo, both coming off very different rookie years. Hill was a revelation for the Bengals last year, even though they were bound by Dalton. Expect him to continue this into 2015. Hyde has a lot to prove but he's been dynamic in pre-season and he's almost certainly learnt his trade under Gore last year. A real dark horse pairing.

#4 Fashanu Awoogas (QB ranking #14) - Lacy/Gordon

Strong comeback for the Awooga boys. Lacy is the best fantasy back in the league and Gordon is a weapon. Similar to Asgard Giants but their RB1 is better. Expect a huge year from Lacy and solid contributions across the year from Gordon. I envy the talent Fash's men have at their disposal at RB.

#3 rhyscartwright_avfc (QB ranking #13) - Anderson/Crowell

rhys got potentially the best fantasy RB in the league in Anderson. When you have a QB like Peyton in the backfield, you're going to score points. Whether handing you the ball or chucking it to you. It's going to happen; Crowell to be the breakout player of 2015 and I'm pissed at rhys for knicking him before me.

#2 Hells Bells (QB position #7) - Lynch/Gore

Power running at its finest. As a Seahawks fan, I've loved watching these two go at it twice a year, but I'm not sad to see the back of Gore from the division and the conference. Even though Hells Bells have the most projected points from their RB's, I worry about durability. Neither are getting any younger and I expect Fred Jackson to take over some of Lynch's snaps as the Seahawks prepare for a life without him.

#1 It Ertz when Eifert (QB position #12) - Peterson/Stewart

They top this list. Even with Foster being down for what could be half the year, It Ertz have a very dangerous pairing that will do the damage this season. It Ertz finish above Hells Bells because they have a younger core. (even though projected points have Lynch/Gore above Peterson/Stewart) Peterson will do what he does and rack up the points doing it. Stewart will pull his weight too, especially now that Benjamin is gone for the year. A real dangerous pairing and will carry much of the burden for the team. According to Yahoo, It Ertz drafted the best out of everybody and with these 2 (3 with Foster, I can see why)

This is where we're at, with 2 more previews to come.

Who will win?

e7b2x5.png

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

• Ingram is the starter in a Drew Brees offence... he's a mid range to low-end RB1. Abdullah isn't my starter atm either, that would be Joseph Randle.
  • How on Earth can you have Yeldon & Blount and Bernard & Freeman higher Charles & Jennings? 

I think the Eagles do have an elite o-line. It'll be interesting to see if Murray drops off like people are anticipating. Appreciate the time you took writing it up though, they've been a cool read. 

• Like 1

Will Spiller not start over Ingram?

I put Abdullah over Randle purely on projected points.

Bernard and Freeman aren't my starting two. I have Le'veon Bell as well. Which is why I'm at 9. And Yeldon/Blount are below Charles/Jennings.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Murray, Murray, Murray etc. but no mention that's on the back of a strong QB draft!!! - I'm lucky to be that high if I'm honest, hoping my receiving corps keep me up there but I doubt it

Again, thanks, these are good reads

Edited by Tubby

Â