andykeenan

I'm not sure how text messages sent between two company phones are any different to emails sent between work accounts. If the company has the right to one it has the right to the other.

As for MacKay he might have been cleared of the charge but it will be hard to escape the charge he is racist.

I said at the time his career was over and him getting the Wigan job from someone then shown to also be a bit racist doesn't change that view.

I think he is finished.

Just going by work phones I have had tbh. They paid the contract (anything above 60 I had to pay). They had no right to the data on it and all they ever saw was the bill - which doesn't list text messages, just numbers. This was the same with two different company phones.

If the company provide the handset, pay the contract and on leaving the company you hand it back, then whatever data is on there is theirs.

The phone, as a company resource could have been used by another employee after MacKay was dismissed.

MacKay should've lost the phone and not handed it back.

If the company provide the handset, pay the contract and on leaving the company you hand it back, then whatever data is on there is theirs.

The phone, as a company resource could have been used by another employee after MacKay was dismissed.

MacKay should've lost the phone and not handed it back.

Well that is true, if he handed it back and didn't delete then he is a fool.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how they found the texts but the FAs statement said that they were sent with the expectation of privacy and that there were serious concerns over the circumstances in which some of the evidence provided had been given

That says to me Cardiff have done something naughty in order to get the texts, the statement goes on to say that the FA consulted external law enforcement agencies, which again says to me they've been told that the evidence would be thrown out if the case went to court

So in effect their hands are tied

Â