andykeenan

Was there any point in this? Going down anyways least see what does in League 1. But DW not in charge now think it's his grandson so guess he wants his own man

Wigan Athletic have announced they have parted company with manager Malky Mackay following the Sky Bet Championship home defeat to Derby County.

Mackay has been at the club since November, with the team picking up 19 points from a possible 72 points and currently lying eight points from safety with five games of the season left. The team has not managed to win at home in that time, picking up three points from a possible 39.

No decision has yet been made in terms of a new appointment.

Club Chairman David Sharpe said:

“This is a very difficult decision to make but I feel that for the long term future of the club, there needs to be a change now. I wish Malky all the best for the future.”

Another club destroyed by Owen Coyle's transfer policy.

It was almost as if the players didn't want to play for a racist, the performances I have seen from them.

Just another nothing club returning from whence they came, the FA cup win was a great feat but was always going to be the absolute pinnacle.

They are a league 1 club.

He's also been diagnosed with an extremely serious illness, so from his own point of view his heart probably wasn't in it, and from the club's point of view they need someone who's going to get in a full pre-season. 

horrible manager he was appalling in Premier LEague last year and people like Stelling defending him was embarrassing. Villa vs Cardiff last season was probably the worst sign of ambition ever by a Premier League manager especially since it wasnt a great Villa team

as for Whelan he is a horrid prick who gets everything he deserves for his beloved Wigan

He's also been diagnosed with an extremely serious illness

Has he?

No, you know what, it looks like I was completely wrong about that. I'd managed to get the story confused about Garcia being diagnosed with cancer, and had misunderstood that it was Mackay. My apologies. 

He's also been diagnosed with an extremely serious illness

Has he?

Horrible c##t syndrome.

• 3 months later...

Cleared of being a racist word removed. Tbf (and now I'll sound like a hypocrite) I'm not sure how I'd feel about someone getting done for sending private message's.

Former Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay and head of recruitment Iain Moody will face no action over allegations they shared racist and sexist texts.

The Football Association said it had carried out a "thorough" investigation into the language used in the messages.

It found "the communications were sent with a legitimate expectation of privacy".

But both men have been spoken to "about the inappropriateness of terms used in the messages".

No action over Mackay & Moody texts http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33546794 Edited by av1

Cleared of being a racist word removed. Tbf (and now I'll sound like a hypocrite) I'm not sure how I'd feel about someone getting done for sending private message's.

Former Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay and head of recruitment Iain Moody will face no action over allegations they shared racist and sexist texts.

The Football Association said it had carried out a "thorough" investigation into the language used in the messages.

It found "the communications were sent with a legitimate expectation of privacy".

I'd be very curious to hear any justification as to how it took them eleven months to decide that.

His career is **** but I agree with the decision. If you start punishing people for things said in private it's going to spiral out of control. Their careers are over, that's enough.

• Like 1

Am I the only one reading between the lines and thinking that after an 11 month investigation it was decided that Cardiff obtained the texts illegally and there's **** all the FA can do about it?

Same as every walk of life, he can be guilty but if you don't follow the proper procedures in proving him guilty then he's going to walk

Unfortunately that's the claw

Edited by villa4europe

Â