Auto Playing Video Ads with Sound

P3te

Question

First time I've happened upon this one before, but had an ad start playing with video and sound a second ago. The ad link directed here http://www.tourismemonttremblant.com/en/deals-packages/details/best-summer-deal/?utm_source=Acquisio&utm_medium=Banners&utm_campaign=BigHit2014-Toronto-GEN

I'm all for ads keeping the site going, and I've donated in the past when I could as well as disabling ad block for this site, but auto playing audio is no bueno IMO from any site anywhere. Given that ads are most likely being served in from a third party I get that there's  likely little control that you guys have over it before issues arise, but it'd be swell if you could request a non-serve on that particular ad if possible?

17 answers to this question

This was happening to me too so I rubbed coconut oil all over my computer, and, since then, I've had no problems.

I started doing this, but couldn't remember why so not sure if it worked now as I haven't eaten a sandwich since purple monkey dishwasher.

• Like 1

This was happening to me too so I rubbed coconut oil all over my computer, and, since then, I've had no problems.

I started doing this, but couldn't remember why so not sure if it worked now as I haven't eaten a sandwich since purple monkey dishwasher.

Please don't use coconut oil instead of anti-virus software.

• Like 1