Zat Knight going to Blues - I'm disappointed !!

paulanddonya

To be fair Ali, if anyone did suggest Zat Knight was world class, they would be laughed at by all

Sven Goran Erickson did, or at least said he had the potential to be.

And he has been laughed at by all, hasnt he?

who?

Sven? :?

he's been laughed at by some small minded people, yes. Certainly not by all.

where did you get this impression from tarj?

Yes, it's certainly a shame the way these old threads get dragged up. Point scoring ho! I'm very much against it.

I disagree. I think it illustrates the rose tinted (or claret and blue tinted) spectacles we wear. Lots of people saying give him a chance and wait until he is playing for villa until you slag him off etc. Well a players ability doesn't change based on the colour of his shirt. If a player is poor at one club then the chances are he'll be poor at another especially if he is not changing leagues or countries. Too many poeple get jumped on for saying a player we are about to sign is, in their opinion, of a poor quality by people who's opinion on the same player has changed just because he has been linked with/joined Villa.

Note: This is not a dig at any particular poster just a general comment on our bias as villa fans (I include myself in that).

Yes, it's certainly a shame the way these old threads get dragged up. Point scoring ho! I'm very much against it.

I disagree. I think it illustrates the rose tinted (or claret and blue tinted) spectacles we wear. Lots of people saying give him a chance and wait until he is playing for villa until you slag him off etc. Well a players ability doesn't change based on the colour of his shirt. If a player is poor at one club then the chances are he'll be poor at another especially if he is not changing leagues or countries. Too many poeple get jumped on for saying a player we are about to sign is, in their opinion, of a poor quality by people who's opinion on the same player has changed just because he has been linked with/joined Villa.

Note: This is not a dig at any particular poster just a general comment on our bias as villa fans (I include myself in that).

A player's perceived ability can change with a change of team though. Take Raul Bravo for example, world class defender in his time who joined Leeds from Real Madrid. Now, his performances at Leeds were absolutely diabolical and if looking at him for the first time in that team many would believe he's absolute wank. Put him in the Real Madrid team and he looks solid and classy.

Not saying it's right that people who vigorously slated a player when looked to be joining sha change their minds but players can surprise a lot of people in more ways than one - both good or bad given a change of team. Also don't think it right that a witch hunt goes on for a change of opinion and I agree with OF on this occasion.