Website Building Advice

CVByrne

Ok, so I'm trying to build a simple website which essentially I want to post articles to. I've set up a site with Go Daddy and registered the site jumpsadvisor.com I've got it up and running.

I set up a tumblr to link into it. But it just gives the heading and clicking on it brings you to tumblr. 

What I want is some kind of app or something that lets me write an article and post it to my site. So the site is self contained and not just a link to a blog.

Any advice would be very welcome, I know one person has some experience in running a very nice site  ;)

It depends on what control panel and options Godaddy proves They will have some content management systems installation scripts built in to them. Drupal, Wordpress, and Joomla are pretty standard choices.

There's a bit of initial work setting up the look of the site, you can just pick a template and apply the colours you want, and from that point putting up an article is no more difficult than posting a thread on here.

Edited by Davkaus

I've set up the site, but don't see how to get word press in there. I have some Go daddy website maker thing which just lets me link in a blog. I don't want a blog I want a site with the text physically there. Can wordpress do this? 

Any CMS, including Wordpress can do that.

Which hosting plan are you subscribed to? Using Godaddy may have been your downfall here. They are to web hosting as Ian Watkins is to childcare, but there should be a way to make it work.

Edited by Davkaus

Ok, will I need the paid for wordpress app to have my articles kept on site without linking off site? It seems these blog link ins link to the offsite blog. 

I essentially want to have 3/4 pages on the site. Main page, then 3 different sections full of articles on different subjects. All contained on the site, no linking off site. 

Is free wordpress capable of this?

Â