Total War: Rome II

MessiWillSignForVilla

As to the reviews, I think they generally expected more from the AI. Same story every year in all honesty, and something I've come to expect. Personally I'm no **** Hannibal which means it's pretty easy to chew me up unless I have a superior tactical advantage (terrain etc), which means the AI isn't THAT much of an issue to me. We'll see I guess. Will give it a try when I get home.

Got it today too! Little disappointed with the way the game has been reviewed, it seems people have reviewed the game on the basis of what they believe the game should have been rather than taking the game for what it actually is, which is a brilliant strategy game. I guess small AI issues and maybe a lack of new options might be an issue for hardcore players, but for a casual Total War player, I doubt you'll notice a thing.

It does seem to require pretty hefty system requirements though, the scenery and settings look beautiful and the cinematic camera for battles look incredible too. I can get good performance out of 'very high' settings, but very average performance out of ultra and extreme and I have a pretty decent set up. What I have noticed though is that the game engine seems way more stable than Shogun 2, on a whole it doesn't seem too traumatic on my comp and feel like it's going to explode at any moment.

Can't wait to get stuck into it.

Edited by nobler

Got it today too! Little disappointed with the way the game has been reviewed, it seems people have reviewed the game on the basis of what they believe the game should have been rather than taking the game for what it actually is, which is a brilliant strategy game. I guess small AI issues and maybe a lack of new options might be an issue for hardcore players, but for a casual Total War player, I doubt you'll notice a thing.

It does seem to require pretty hefty system requirements though, the scenery and settings look beautiful and the cinematic camera for battles look incredible too. I can get good performance out of 'very high' settings, but very average performance out of ultra and extreme and I have a pretty decent set up. What I have noticed though is that the game engine seems way more stable than Shogun 2, on a whole it doesn't seem too traumatic on my comp and feel like it's going to explode at any moment.

Can't wait to get stuck into it.

Well every TW game that has been released has had to be patched a dozen times before its up to scratch im used to it

As for the reviews a bit of a joke tbh looking at some of the steam profiles for the reviewers most of them played under an hour yes... under an hour for a game the size and depth of a Total War game unbelievable

My comp is heating up i think it may explode

How far will you go for Rome?

Not far because of my computer im afraid

Edited by AshVilla

Played it for a couple of hours last night, but I don't now what to think of it yet.

I don't like the actual battles, I just prefer the campaign, so the tutorial was torturous for me and I just gave up after it was finished and stopped playing for a bit.

Went back on it and did a campaign with the Iceni, who are pretty much England (the nation I always go with first in these games). It was OK, I don't like the interface, but then again I didn't like Empire's interface as it was different to MEII, so I'm sure I'll get used to it. The campaign has been quite good so far, and I like the idea that you can't see the rest of the map until you discover that region, much like Civ. Also I like the short term and long term objectives of the campaign, it adds a different dimension to the campaign that isn't just control x regions at the end of the game, you have to actually take certain regions in a certain order (Military Alliances are good too, so you don't have to actually control a region, just be allied). I already three of the four regions in Britannia  :mrgreen:

And...Rome's Finest :D

mpLB5tS.jpg

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Yeah, there are poor performance issues at the moment. They'll be ironed out over the next few days/weeks and I imagine AMD and Nvidia will release drivers for it. My battles run absolutely fine but the campaign map is pretty jerky. It helps a bit to turn off 'Show CPU moves' in the game settings to speed up AI turns.

• Like 1

Yeah, there are poor performance issues at the moment. They'll be ironed out over the next few days/weeks and I imagine AMD and Nvidia will release drivers for it. My battles run absolutely fine but the campaign map is pretty jerky. It helps a bit to turn off 'Show CPU moves' in the game settings to speed up AI turns.

thanks for that, will try what you suggested! 

Â