Petrov's Charity Match

Agbonla-score

Its a shame its happening up there.

I'm sure quite a few of us down here would have liked to attended. Would be great too see Pretov, Lambert and Larson don the boots again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2392627/Stiliyan-Petrov-play-time-leukaemia-diagnosis.html

Stiliyan Petrov will make his playing comeback for the first time since being diagnosed with acute leukameia.

The former Aston Villa and Celtic midfielder will turn out for his own 'Stiliyan XI' against a Celtic legends team at Celtic Park on September 8.

The '#19 Legends' match, which will raise money for Petrov's foundation and the Celtic charity, will also see appearances from Henrik Larsson, Paul Lambert, Chris Sutton and current manager Neil Lennon.

article-2392627-1AF8E9CA000005DC-908_634

Return: Stiliyan Petrov will play football for the first time since being diagnosed with leukaemia

article-2392627-19B198BE000005DC-198_634

Star: Former Bulgarian international Petrov played for CSKA Sofia, Celtic and Aston Villa before retirement

It will be the first time Petrov, who is in remission after intense chemotherapy, will have pulled on a shirt since being diagnosed, and last week he admitted his battle was worse than Hell.

‘I don’t know what Hell is like,’ the ex-Bulgaria international told the Daily Mirror. ‘But this has to be worse, I tell you that.’ 

‘It has been very tough but we never give up as a family, you can’t.

article-2392627-000C939F00000258-505_634

Legends: Henrik Larsson and Neil Lennon (below) will turn out for the Celtic XI against Petrov's side

article-2392627-03B907F80000044D-907_634

Neil Lennon

‘I married the right woman and have two incredible kids, they have been wonderful, and my parents too. The strength and support they give me through these months has been amazing.

‘I am trying to get a little fitter and back to normal to what I used to do but these things take time – I have two years left on the tablets.’

Aston Villa fans continued to pay tribute to their former midfielder by applauding in the 19th minute at every home game last season.

Still surprised there wasn't a proper testimonial game between Villa and Celtic

But who would he play for?

He'd rather just pick his own Stilyan 11 by the looks of it haha.... Am tempted to go to this, is a 660 mile round trip from Cheltenham though hmmm....

Still surprised there wasn't a proper testimonial game between Villa and Celtic

But who would he play for?

He'd rather just pick his own Stilyan 11 by the looks of it haha.... Am tempted to go to this, is a 660 mile round trip from Cheltenham though hmmm....

Good to see Lambert playing aswell! Dunno whether to wear a Villa shirt though,I'd probably get absolutely battered by a load of Glasweigans!

Edited by Adam_

Â