Outlook query - link to auto send an email?

Chindie

Quick question, and I suspect I already know the answer to be honest... Is there any way to insert a link into an email from Outlook that, once clicked, will automatically send an email? I know it's very easy to create a link that will open a reply email that you subsequently send, but I need to be able to cut out the second click, i.e. the single click sends an email response.

I appreciate that Outlook is rubbish but unfortunately I have to use it, and Google hasn't really proved helpful at all which leads me to think the answer is no.

Any help is much appreciated though.

A roundabout way of doing it would be for the hyperlink to execute a script on the server that executes a mailx command assuming the 2nd email is a standard template. It'd also need to be sent the recipient's email address. Hopefully someone has a cleaner way of doing it.

Unfortunately that appears to be about the only way to do it. I was hoping Outlook might have an option to do something similar buried in it somewhere.

Bit frustrating as we wanted to make life easier by having a button that fired back an email to us from a mailer, rather than something that just opened a reply email that you then needed to send (one extra click I guess but also reduces a bit of the... mental hassle of firing off an email to someone you don't necessarily know very well).

Oh well, cheers.

External, mass mail. Aim was for the recipient to be able to just click a link to send a response email to us ('If you're interested, click here and we'll be in touch' basically).

Ah, I see.

Is there anyway to bastardize the read receipt thing (if that still exists) with some code?

Edit: Even if there were, you'd need to be changing it on the recipients' outlook so scratch that.

Edited by snowychap

Yeah. The best answer I got in the office was to put in some javascript to do the job but that throws up it's own issues, not least of which office antivirus software is going to see an email with javascript in it and immediately set off neon lights and sirens blaring "VIRUS! VIRUS!", or spam it immediately which would be enough of an issue anyway.

Anywho thanks for the help, it's not the biggest deal to not be able to do :thumb:

Use a link to a script on a web server, bear in mind that many recipients of your mass email won't be using outlook anyway. Most will only see images in the message if you sign with DKIM. Make sure the link is for the same domain as the Sender's address. Make sure the sending domain has valid SPF records.

Mass mail is a wonderfully complicated thing to do properly. Use a bulk sending company and don't risk that your own domains and mail servers end up on blacklists.

They'll be able to provide a target for the click which will include whatever you need from the original (eg. recipient address).

and tracking images, etc.

Â