Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you seriously think we can't get our hands on 'quality' this summer, it beggers belief, it really does.

I'm glad Storey-Moore has come out today, maybe rase some expectations in this thread.

Sneijder, Defoe, Van Der Vaart etc etc - they are gettable, and the sort of players we are looking at.

Jason Koumas, Lee Cook, Naismith - WILL NOT be in a Villa shirt next season and are NOT the kinda players we're looking at. ELLIS and Oleary days are GONE!

Jason Koumas, Lee Cook, Naismith -

I wouldn't be so confident if I were you.

Yes we will sign top quality but we will also sign squad player (S) and prospects. I would not be at all surprised if Naismith, for example, signs for us this summer.

EDIT - For future quoting reference and those who will wish to use Naismith as the future Richards (insert Oldfart here), I am not saying Naismith will definitely join us this summer.

I agree with you Jas re. the top players but I still think MON will maybe be looking at the 'smaller' players to complement them. I with you, it winds me up that just because someone mentions a target that is very ambitious, the sneering 'realistic' brigade sarcasticly claim 'were gonna sign Kaka!' to take the piss.

Well two can play that game.

Koumas, Cook and Naismith are the type of players we want aswell as the big time charlies, good decent British talent that can be really good squad players.

Just because they aint renowned doesnt mean their shite does it, Henry who would have thought he woud of turned out like he has, you hve to give British players a chance even for our National teams sake aswell as our own!

Jason Koumas, Lee Cook, Naismith - WILL NOT be in a Villa shirt next season and are NOT the kinda players we're looking at. ELLIS and Oleary days are GONE!

Wrong....for this reason.

Koumas, Cook and Naismith are the type of players we want aswell as the big time charlies, good decent British talent that can be really good squad players.

Just because they aint renowned doesnt mean their shite does it

If people think we're going to sign superstar after superstar, then think again!

Its a shame as it results in stupid fans kicking off at the board for what is basically a daft reason!

If MON wanted just Koumas and Cook this summer, then that is that. We're not managing the team he is and he knows what he wants and more about it too!

Just because they aint renowned doesnt mean their shite does it, Henry who would have thought he woud of turned out like he has, you hve to give British players a chance even for our National teams sake aswell as our own!

I'm pretty sure I've heard the sentiment on here before that we should follow a policy similar to Spurs of trying to sign young british talent. Is that not what these players could be described as?

We have a lot more money now, and I'm not saying we should waste it. However, surely sometimes we have to take a risk with such people e.g. naismith and see if they develop? Or am I totally deluded?

I'm pretty sure I've heard the sentiment on here before that we should follow a policy similar to Spurs of trying to sign young british talent. Is that not what these players could be described as?

We have a lot more money now, and I'm not saying we should waste it. However, surely sometimes we have to take a risk with such people e.g. naismith and see if they develop? Or am I totally deluded?

Your 100% correct. We must buy young potential and think about the future as well as the present.

Wrong....for this reason.

Just because they aint renowned doesnt mean their shite does it

If people think we're going to sign superstar after superstar, then think again!

Its a shame as it results in stupid fans kicking off at the board for what is basically a daft reason!

If MON wanted just Koumas and Cook this summer, then that is that. We're not managing the team he is and he knows what he wants and more about it too!

Jez for once I agree with you in that if these were the only players MON wanted then I'd trust him. However our desire for bigger players is based firmly in the quotes that people from the club have made. We havent blindly walked in gobbing off, we've reacted to comments from the top people in the know. You make out we're claiming where our level is without thought, whereas in fact we've taken our cue from the CEO himself.

Oh true Tim, very true.

I did however, take that statement as that they would try for bigger players....not necessarily get them. This is where my above comments come in, people perhaps might start going off on one when we haven't signed these world stars!

Oh true Tim, very true.

I did however, take that statement as that they would try for bigger players....not necessarily get them. This is where my above comments come in, people perhaps might start going off on one when we haven't signed these world stars!

Aye I cant argue with that it is possible that we may aim higher than our capability. We may, but I dont think so. In a world of top players, we'll be able to get one. Then we'll add 1 MAYBE 2 of the petrov ilk. Then maybe a luke young level player and finally I personally think we'll add the likes of cook and naysmith to complement and blend. The issue for me with the naysmith interest is where it leaves luke moore. If we are signing a bigger name striker as we have been linked to do, and we're still interested in naysmith, then I fear for lukes future. Cos i cant believe for a second that our only addition to our forward line this summer will be naysmith.

On Luke Moore, here's an idea that has just come to me (usual caveat in force), what if a deal which was , say, Luke Moore plus 9M for Darren Bent.

How would people react to that?

I would rip their hand off!!!!

Moore is overrated and i dont understand why people have this perception of him being a very good player average IMO distinctly average, I think Bent would be good for us but id prefer Defoe ;)

On Luke Moore, here's an idea that has just come to me (usual caveat in force), what if a deal which was , say, Luke Moore plus 9M for Darren Bent.

How would people react to that?

I would be upset.