Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how players like Muntari become must haves purely through being mentioned on this thread, I doubt anybody has even actually seen him play club football.

He looked pretty useful for Ghana at the last world cup!

Call me impatient, but I want to see one signing around this time, as a statement of intent.

your impatient :winkold:

I know, but you can't spell.

:winkold:

I can its just I'm impatient as well.

I'd say it was more of a grammar error to be fair.

I like how players like Muntari become must haves purely through being mentioned on this thread, I doubt anybody has even actually seen him play club football.

So did de la cruz!

So did de la cruz!

De La Cruz played for Ghana?

:shock: :winkold:

So did de la cruz!

I think De la Cruz would have played a lot of games for us this season. But he did only look good against Poland and Costa Rica to be honest. Muntari however looked the business against the Czecs, Italians and even Brazil.

One World Cup doesn't make a player? Look at Alpay, Emre etc.. I want a signing too but it needs to be the right one.

Alpay was a class defender for us! he was sacked because of his antics against England and because he was nuts. Emre is a class act but has had a lot of injury problems and played for a very poor manager who didn't use him correctly.

Finally some sense in the most hilarious thread I have ever read!!!!

Dwight Yorke was brilliant in midfield for Trinidad. World cup's aren't the place to judge people.

He was brilliant for Sunderland in midfield as well, i think they got promoted.

I honestly think the player he wants is Bellamy!

Then i think he is crazy as Bent is younger, less injuryt prone and doesn't like clobbering his team mates with a golf club.

There is a good reason Liverplop want to get rid of him after just one season!

But where is he now? Exactly!!!!! My point is a good World Cup doesn't make a player, Ronaldinho had a shit one does that mean we wouldn't have him?

I agree that you cant judge a player based on a world cup but i think the reason we discuss players like Muntari is because we've been linked to him somewhere down the line. If we don't sign him I'm sure nobody really cares. Its just someone to talk about because of the links which are few and far between.

Have we ever been linked to Bent? just out of interest. As good a player as he is I still feel his name gets mentioned way to much on this thread and I doubt we will ever sign him.

Plus hasn't Bent been out for most the season with injury? For me Bellamy is the better player.