Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Seriously, what is the obsession with Van Bommel? Over rated player if ever I saw one.

Anyway, he is a mate of O'Leary's apparantly, maybe someone could get him to 'have a word'.

:winkold:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if David Moyes is to be believed 'No club in Spain has enough money to buy Arteta' so by extension you would assume could not have enough to buy Sneijder either (that rhymes Marge, and you know it rhymes).

I would be astounded if we got Sneijder to be honest. I'm not a pessimist by any stretch, but some players really are a link too far. It does show where we're trying to get to though, the fact that we're strongly linked. I'd say a cheeky bid for van Bommel too :P
Valencia are rumoured to have offered between 8-10 million pounds for Sneijder that was rejected and like a lot of so called big clubs they may not be able to come up with any more cash. We can, so that makes Villa a real player in the european TRANSFER MARKET this summer imo.

Well i would imagine with the amount of money coming into the Premier League this coming season it will most likely end up being a destination for a whole host of European talent. So taking that into account and the fact we are backed by a billionaire and i would most definitely say that we are major players in this transfer market! :D

I just hope it plays out that way also!

I wouldn't go that far as to say he's "out of our reach", he's not the next Ronaldinho or Kaka, if we met Ajax's valution (which no-one has thus far) then i'm pretty sure we can afford the wages and then it's all up to him, he's not staying in the dutch league so we might have a chance, as has been proved with the other dutch "wonder kid" Van der Vert going to of all teams Hamburg

How much do they value him at though? Id imagine in excess of £15mil?

Bayern had a bid accepted but he didnt want to move to germany. 14m euro's/ £9.5m

I wouldn't go that far as to say he's "out of our reach", he's not the next Ronaldinho or Kaka, if we met Ajax's valution (which no-one has thus far) then i'm pretty sure we can afford the wages and then it's all up to him, he's not staying in the dutch league so we might have a chance, as has been proved with the other dutch "wonder kid" Van der Vert going to of all teams Hamburg

Bayern had a bid accepted but he didnt want to move to germany. 14m euro's/ £9.5m

That looks like a bargain in my books - only have to match our record transfer and then we can try and persuade him to sign! :D

That looks like a bargain in my books - only have to match our record transfer and then we can try and persuade him to sign! :D

Exactly. Out of our league tho isnt he?!! :D

Sneijder would be an awesome signing for Villa, a real sign of intent.

Have we a chance? Depends on if he is more fussed about playing in the Champions league or Premiership if its the latter we have a chance. But would have to act fast before a top 4 club decides to bid ;)

Thankfully I think the top 4 are pretty sorted in midfield, although a talent like Sneijder would probably make them go for a 1-off bid. So yeah, get it sorted quicksmart.

Sneijder would be an awesome signing for Villa, a real sign of intent.

Have we a chance? Depends on if he is more fussed about playing in the Champions league or Premiership if its the latter we have a chance. But would have to act fast before a top 4 club decides to bid ;)

At the moment Valencia is the only club sniffing around him who have CL football to offer. They havent met the evaluation, Bayern havent qualified for CL and neither have Ajax. But your right a problem would arise if a top4 club came in.

I wonder if MON is even considering him?

Could have been and gone, decided not to go for.

Who knows.

Scores some awesome goals :D

That is true, though if it hadnt crossed his mind, it prob will have after the article in the mail(?). It is as you've said, its quite possible that he looked and didnt fancy it. It would be great tho wouldnt it?