Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

i feel that we have to improve other areas before looking for a new goalie

So Mon can only look at one position at a time?

If MON isn't happy with Sorensen which I believe he isn't fair enough, but that doesn't stop him still looking at forwards, mids etc does it?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Koumas linked for £4million again today :(

£5 mil in the NOTW unfortunately i think! He is no better than Davis thats for sure so i don't suppose he is one we are really looking at to be honest.

How about Hamuer Bouazza (spelling??) from watford? I think hes looked the part everytime I´ve seen him this year. Great goal yesterday too.

Thoughts?

Was at the match yesterday and he was ok..... no more than that...... nothing more or less than we have at our disposal all ready. Good goal but aided by a defenders deflection to take it away from the keeper.

How about Hamuer Bouazza (spelling??) from watford? I think hes looked the part everytime I´ve seen him this year. Great goal yesterday too.

Thoughts?

I see a lot of Watford and he's average. He may be one of their better players but they are bottom of the league for one very simple reason; they don't have the quality.

Only players from that squad I'd take would be Ashley Young (done), Ben Foster (Man U) and possibly Marlon King - but I would have wanted to see how he coped at Premiership level which due to his injury has not been possible.

If MON isn't happy with Sorensen which I believe he isn't fair enough, but that doesn't stop him still looking at forwards, mids etc does it?

no it doesn't but what i think he meant is that sorensen is not our weakest point of the team and we don't need to rush to replace him

a new right back, centre mid and striker are needed more than a new goalkeeper

Thoughts?

we've got enough players like this, Young, Agbonlahor and Moore, we don't need Bouazza!!!

no it doesn't but what i think he meant is that sorensen is not our weakest point of the team and we don't need to rush to replace him

I don't think he is RUSHING to replace him but rightly if he doesn't rate him then he needs replacing. He may not be 'the weakest' but one of the weakest?

Who has said we don't also need RB, CM and Striker?..... can't follow the logic is what you are saying.

How much money do people expect us to use in the summer window? £20 Mill? More?
About £20m id say, we'd be better off signing 5 £4m players rather than 2 £10m players. But this also depends on how many and who leaves in the summer

Thanks Hatacake :lol:

Seems to me that some people on this board like to jump in without even thinking.

Say MON is given 15m this summer to spend on new players... you think he should spend 5mil of this on a goalie which leaves 10mil for a LB, CM, maybe cover for CB - you must be DREAMING!

what do you think is our main priority is.... a GOALIE???........ no.

There are other positions which need sorting out before we go and folk out money on a new goalie.

I think Randy will back the manger if he wants a player. I wouldn't be suprised to see a net spend of £25million or above. I think it depends how many players MON feels he needs, rather than how much Randy will limit him to.

I don't think he is RUSHING to replace him but rightly if he doesn't rate him then he needs replacing. He may not be 'the weakest' but one of the weakest?

Who has said we don't also need RB, CM and Striker?..... can't follow the logic is what you are saying.

what i mean is that when MON goes out of the transfer market the first people he should be trying to sign are those sort of players rather than immediatley going for a keeper

i also think that tommy is good enough anyway, the only keepers that i would go sign insetad of him are ben foster and artur boruc(spelling?) othe than that anyone else possibly available i dont think would be that much better than tommy

About £20m id say, we'd be better off signing 5 £4m players rather than 2 £10m players. But this also depends on how many and who leaves in the summer

TBH - I hope MON can do some dealing in the summer. There are some decent players going down into the fizzy pop league and many can be picked up for cheap.

I say...

6/8mil on a CM

4 mil on LB

the rest is up to MON

TBH - I hope MON can do some dealing in the summer. There are some decent players going down into the fizzy pop league and many can be picked up for cheap.

I say...

6/8mil on a CM

4 mil on LB

the rest is up to MON

Like??? Darren Bent (possibly) Luke Young, Carlos Tevez, Robert Green...there are more than this but these sprang to mind

David Healy??????

I would have him as a back up striker cheap too :D

I wouldn't gamble on Healy, he does well for NI but he isn't doing in week in week out in the championship, yes, he has been played out of position but if he was a premiership striker then he'd of been playing up front all season.